New Menzerna polishes...

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by P1et, Dec 3, 2010.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Who knows anything about these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems like I'm finding people using this since July of this summer. Not available in the US?

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Look like euro version of Powerfinish, 106fa, and sip?

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The labels on the bottom show the the bottle on the left is POS500, a rendition of Power Gloss. The one on the right says PO85U which is Final Finish I believe. Nothing like new labels on old products to confuse consumers. Who do they think they are, Meguiars?

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Man and I just ordered a bunch of Menzerna polishes and now I see these new ones! WTH I was confused enough before!

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Europe gets little different versions of menzerna polishes, mainly powerfinish and compounds.

What you got advs1 is fine and wont be changing in the states. Just new labels as Ken said, which I think they do need but need better naming system/consistent number system.

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

new labels to get the line to look better for retail not sure when North America will get it but eventually.

7. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

if i ever have a product company, its going to be simple as #1,#2,#3. #1 would be compound, #2 would be a lighter cut and so on and so forth. not any of this super duper, need a code ring to decipher crap that goes on.

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

euro has slightly different polishes as far as menzerna guy said at July meet, they dont have bs VOC thing over there

9. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

Meguiars has good idea with their scale of polishes i think

10. 911Fanatic

I agree with advs1. Compound, Polish, Finishing Polish. When you improve one, stop producing the old stuff.

11. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

menzerna make stuff for automakes, i think menz guy said there is about 4 different versions of 85 (85u, 85rd and couple others) so im sure they custom make it based on what customer wants

12. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i believe they started in the custom wood polishes. when i told my dad, he's a custom furniture builder, about menzerna he had heard of them. it also shows on their web site

13. adamturbo

adamturbo Any Rag Vehicle Washer

14. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

As said before, Menzerna is a OEM manufacturer and they are making a lot of different polishes and compounds. Since they now are into another market, they have to adjust. And this is the new layout, we had this discussion with Menzerna during our meeting in june, and I guess we where not the only ones who brought up this issue.

This is the new product names, description and former designition:

FG500, Fast Gloss, S500
    PG1000, Power gloss, S34A
    IP2000, Intensive polish PO91L
    PF2500. Power Finish PO203S
    FF3000, PO85U
    SF4000, PO106FA
    SW Protect, sealing wax, APO60

I don´t see PO85RD3.02(SIP) and PO85RD/RE5 in this list, but I think they are still going to be sold.
    Since I have met with Axel Schnarrenberger from Menzerna and had long discussions about polishes, and he prefere to use 3 polishing compounds: S500, PO203(not PO203S) and PO106FA, and adjust the cut with various pads. Axel said to me, "this is the only products you need". But since Menzerna, like all the other companies, wants to make money, so they manufacture what people are asking for.

After our little meeting and polishing sessions, I am also only using the three products, with the exception that I am using PO203S, not PO203. PO203 is less abrasive and gives a higher gloss then the PO203Ss

The S500 is a P1500 grit compound based on aluminum oxide, but its also contains solvents so it will also give some chemical cleansing as well. It cuts fast, hard and finishes out good. And it will not be sold in the US due to the VOC. I was going to send a bottle to Ryan(Rydawg), but I forgot :eek:

15. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I think all products made after december 30 2010 will have the new labels. Not sure when they will arrive to North America tough.

16. 911Fanatic

Do you have PO203 available to you? I'd like to try it to see the difference between it and 203S. Talked to Jeff at Menz USA and he said that, regardless of all the talk about 85RD, its a very slow mover so maybe Menz has opted to remove it from the lineup?

17. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Axel gave me all the bottles and pads he brought to Sweden, so I have whats left in a 250 ml bottle of PO203. I dont see much a difference, but Axel prefers it.

18. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

I hope not. :(

19. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Yep, like Porta said they're 'just' labelled different now. Something I think Menzerna should have done a long time ago since they started calling both RD 3.02(formerly known as IP) and 203s 'Power Finish', and sometimes the yellow text in the bottom could disappear, so you had to test it before you could tell the difference.

The S500 is just awesome. The smell is quite harsh(a bit like 3M's Fast Cut PLUS), but it has a lot more cut for removing severe swirls and sanding marks. You can finish it down a lot better than 3M FCP, enough to make a 3-stage polish into a 2-stage. And still remove more defects.

The only bad thing about the S500 is that when it dries on e.g. wool-pads, it gets rock-hard and you need some pretty intensive cleaning to remove it, if you leave it on the pads for too long.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

20. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

Can this S500 be ordered from the UK? I'd like to get a quart just to try it out. I love me a fast cutting compound.