New Menzerna Chart

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by P1et, Jan 20, 2012.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Please note that the new cut/gloss properties went from a 1-5 scale to a 1-10 scale. So either half everything in the new chart to compare, or double everything in the old chart.

3. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

4. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Did they do away with PL? Or is it a new name?

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree, where is SIP? Its listed in the top chart but not the second. And PF was is so close to 106 now, one of them has become a mute point. Looks like I'll be using FG500, PF2500 and UF5000.

6. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Mama Mia. I can see if they were changing formulas, but why constantly create confusion?

7. ercapoccia

ercapoccia Virgin Detailer

Different markets have different charts, it's a total mess.

Just an example: PO85RD is SF4500 in US, FF3000 in UK, UF5000 in Australia

8. 911Fanatic

And in the UK, PF and SIP are BOTH PF2500!

9. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

I just read in the m101 thread that euro/asia paint is different then north american paint. Probably that's why there are 2 charts. I wish it was standard Menzerna across the board.

10. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I can't imagine it is gone.

The chart says those are polishes. And since SW has some minor abrasives in it, it makes that chart.

11. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

Has anyone used fast gloss before?

12. Chaseme

There are a number of people I know that have it and use it; and from what they say - it's amazing.

13. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Fast Gloss aka "The Shit" vs. M101 aka "Pimp Juice" ..... I want to see how this goes down, maybe it'll be like watching a UFC

14. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

I can't seem to find Fast Gloss anywhere. Is it region exclusive like M101?

15. Chaseme

FG is not available in the US (maybe Canada, but I'm not sure).

16. 911Fanatic

Fast Gloss is not available in N America although some enterprising individuals have managed to get some. :)

17. 911Fanatic

I'll let you know when my M101 shows up next week.

18. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

So it seems PF2500 might be the next go to for a quick one stepper? I'll have to test it to believe it. I would assume if they changed the polishes around it changed the compound's properties so I wonder how much it changed from the original P0203, maybe it didn't at all if the chart shows it as a direct comparison.

19. 911Fanatic

They removed a bit of the cut Chas. Im going to get some and see how much of a real world difference it makes. Im sure it will still work fine to remove light marring and swirls and be a go to product for one steps.

20. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Powerfinish was one of the best one step polishes on the market. IMO making it cut less than IP is a huge mistake.

Looks like i'll be giving D300 or Fixer polish by Car pro a shot.