New lusso wax test.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by vxrmarc, Nov 18, 2009.

1. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

Ok firstly apologies if this is the incorrect place to post this but wasnt sure where to put it.

Secondly its been 3 and a half months since i received this and applied it and have not read any other reports or results from this wax simply because i dont agree on it because it can sway judgement i believe so if what i write is the opposite of everyone else who has tested then its the british weather and im sticking to it :cig:

Ok i wasnt sure how to do this test really because i dont see cars for months on end so decided to strip off my whole car of its layers of z2pro and crystal and decided mine was the best horse to dress it with.

The wax upon arrival i was quite surprised to be very hard , i thought it may be a little less dense but surprisingly it loosened up easily once worked with fingertip.

Smell is nice , not too strong and what i like from a wax , maybe a little unoriginal but then i think fruits and marzipan has been done to death now and maybe the higher earner wishing to purchase this wax would rather a simpler looking wax than bright colours etc , whatever floats your boat i suppose , i personally like both , everything has a market.

Application was simpler than i thought , i applied this by hand and pad , weather when i applied it was an average day not sunny nor damp. I found it needed a little work to apply thinly but i would say if you gave this wax to someone who has never applied wax before they would be fine if they took their time.

I found this wax hazed quite quickly actually about 5 minutes , maybe longer would have been fine but im not one for instructions anyway , i never read a wax label just use my eyes , if it doesnt work i go back and start again until im happy with what i see/feel.

Hand application was alot easier than i envisioned aswell , this applied very easily and felt quite oily which was good for me personally.

Removal was also not a problem , by pad i found the microfibre needed changeing twice on the whole car and by hand i changed it 3 times probably because hand applied more than pad did , i still find the easiest pad to apply with is the chemical guys ezyme pads the cream coloured ones , nothing compares to the structure of these foam pads , shame i cant buy them , the red ones dont seem the same.

Ok after removal what do i think?

I have to be honest in my eyes this has given my car with one layer one of the best finishes ive had. Ive played with quite a few waxes and own a fair few and this is up there with the best. The wetness on my car is evident from the photos , i find even when my car is dirty it actually still looks like it has the finish of a clean car (see photos below)
    Beading did flatten slightly after about 7 days from near on full hydrospheres to half/three quarter size and washing the car still now feels silky.
    The wax has been on the car now for approx 14 weeks and although when wet the apperance is not the same as the first month it is still there , i would hazard a guess at 4 months protection , some may say way longer i have no idea but thats my guesstimation , i wash the car weekly and maybe sometimes midweek if i have a meet.

Not many people actually realised the layers had been stripped off the car so have taken note of points people have made about the finish sine it went on.

Overall if i had to compare to my favourit wax ever crystal i would say that application and removal are almost there but anyone who has used crystal or owns it will tell you the stuff is childs play in this area , visually there is very very little in it , some may not see a difference and without side by side comparison as always talked about some may never know.

Im more impressed than i thought i would be , rebuff after about 4 hours didnt really add anything for me so im unsure if thats a good or bad point?

Im not clued up on the chemistry on this wax at all , i have no idea on carnauba content , what is onvolved in making it and what characteristics its supposed to have and what its strong/weak points are and to be honest im pleased.

Photos below were taken a while ago when wet outside , car is not clean although looks like it from photos , finish is still the same now , the car has been in a few competitions and has been on publication stands at shows and i like to think peoples comments have been very complimentary and have picked up a couple of awards for the car so all in all im overly pleased with 2009.

Phil do we have any time scale for this to go into production and resellers in the uk outside usa/canada and approx cost in $ / £,s.

Many thanks for being asked to do trials , appreciate it as always..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Nice Review, can't wait to try it out!

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Car looks amazing, Marc. But I've also seen the massive prep that went into this one. It actually makes it more impressive that after all that prep and perfecting of the finish, that the new lusso actually added something to the overall look.

Great review, and thanks!

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice review, Marc! We appreciate it!

5. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to hear more of the chemistry and pricing info!

6. Roy

Roy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice review Marc :thumb:
    I think i'm going to be using a fair bit of Lusso next year!

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Thanks for the review Marc!

Lusso Oro is my favorite wax right now, I would love to pick up the next wax up in the line.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks for the review, would like to see some beading action!

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Nice review and agree with you about the wax. I did do a review for Phil also on a Lambo I did.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks great, interested in this wax..pure nuba or got some synth parts to do...Thanks for the review!

11. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Nice review Marc, thanks for sharing :thumb:

Hows the durability been thus far btw?

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Nice review, I can't wait to pick it up when its released for everyone at some point.

13. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

very nice car lol ... thks for sharing anyway ...