New LC ULTI-MIT

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detaildoc, Jun 8, 2008.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

budman3 is a proud owner of the LC mitt

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I have it and love it. 100x better then the edge sponge.

4. J_Edwards

J_Edwards Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How would you compare this to something like the SchMITT or the Zymol sponge?

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

The ulti mit is a lot more durable, the glue doesnt fail, its better for people with big hands, the schmitt is small.

6. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Indeed I am :). I am looking forward to the double sided Ulti-mitt which should be available soon (which is the way it should have come originally). I prefer it over the shmitt because I don't need to apply a lot of pressure to clean with the LC mitt. With the shmitt I missed a lot of spots because I either didn't apply enough pressure to clean the area or the circular nature of the product made it impossible to reach tight or square areas.

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Awesome! Thanks guys. I ordered one from Detailed Image to give it a try.

8. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Have a few love them.

9. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I have the original one-sided Ulti-Mit; black foam back. That black foam back holds more wash solution than the grid foam, which to me, resulted in too much wasted solution.

The new double-sided Ulti-Mit should resolve that problem and make grille cleaning much easier.

I've retired my Ulti-Mit and will now be using a while/yellow ShMITT or ShMITT GS.

10. Boxster Brian

Boxster Brian Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Let me know how the ShMITT GS holds up for you. I've only used mine a few times and the glue seems to be giving out.:shead:

Brian

11. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Where are they on ADS?

12. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

That's one PRO with regard to the Ulti-Mit...good for big hands. With the ShMITTs, I often leave my thumb out.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Sorry, I meant detailed image.

14. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I just ordered one :thud:

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

to each their own. I still prefer white/yellow Shmitt over it. New GS Shmitt is not bad either, but you can't beat white/yellow Shmitt.

16. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Brian, contact your distributor and politely inform them that your mitt was defective. I have always gotten a replacement when I ask. Shmitts should hold up like a tank.

17. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

the double sided mitt sounds sweet!

18. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Got to do a review on the Double side mitt and it did a awesome job for me, holds tons of suds and one can wash a car super fast with it. The only problem is my bucket was almost empty when i was done washing.

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I just got mine today. Can't wait to try it this weekend.