New iPad diagnostic tool

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by godoman, Apr 16, 2012.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Hey guys. Recently bought the new iPad and wanted to know if any of you can suggest a diagnostic tool with software that connects my iPad to the car to run stats and check engine codes. Read one on iTunes that apparently won awards at sema but the software alone is 49.99 and the you still have to buy connection hardware.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Godoman

2. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

SCT makes a tuner that connects to the ipad... But its like $400 :p

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the input. I had no idea they were called tuners... My friend is a mechanic and out of town and I need his diagnostic tool and was interested in getting one since my s2000 is twitchy

Anybody else?

Godoman

4. sikedsyko

Well there are other, cheaper options out there for just reading vehicle parameters. The SCT units allow you to modify and tune your ecu directly from the Ipad

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Honestly I was looking for one that I can use on my Honda and all cars, if possible. Tuning would be a great option. Does the sct allow me to check all cars or just fords?

Godoman

6. sikedsyko

Oh, I didn't realize it, but SCT seems to only make Ford and GM tuners. Guess that rule them out for you.

7. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Yeaup. The hunt is still on for a diagnostic tool for all cars. Tuning would be great but not necessary

Godoman