New Guy...Trying New Things

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dadswrld, Aug 22, 2009.

1. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Here is a bit of things I have and look forward to upgrading shortly.

The 3 items below are compliments of Bryansbestwax. A prize I won at the last detail meet. Don't laugh at my soap. It was cheap and on sale at my local Canadian Tire and it was before I found this site. I already gave away a few bottles to those who still use Sunlight dish soap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here is the Blue Ship, that will be my test mule. I will be practicing my buffing skills here with different products once I get them.
    [​IMG]

When I was out in Buffalo a few months back I found some Surf City Prod. and picked some up. We can't get that stuff here so easily. I found it at a Pep Boys. Along with some Stoners, Mothers. Most everything is OTC.
    [​IMG]

The shop vac is new and has a blower on the other side. I use that blower in the interior to help dislodge debris, and blow out water from under the hood, exterior trims and lights. Pretty powerful and I like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all she wrote. I'm in the process of picking up a Flex 3403, Brinkman, and a few other things. When they come I will post.

Thanks for looking.

2. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Gotta love Stoner's! Hehehehe :joint:

Nice collection, you're getting up there man, don't worry. If you need some stuff, I live in Mississauga, I'm probably going to make a trip down to eshine sometime this week, so let me know.

3. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Nice looking collection! :thumb:

4. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Nice start to your collection :applause:

You say you still have 2 large to spend on more product....I bet you want need but half of that considering what you already have :shakehead:

BTW, Those M/F mits, once wet, are like washing a car with a Cinder Block :duh: Give them to a relative at Christmas :giggle:

5. Starcar

Starcar Birth of a Detailer

Nice collection!

6. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Nice collection.

7. dadswrld

How did you know about these mitts! Your absolutely right! The first time I tried one, I was like 'HOLY CRAP', I'm gonna have to start lifting weights to wash cars. I need something lighter by far. Good mitts, but too damn heavy.

8. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Lol, its simple.. Microfiber is like a towel, they absorb. When you dry your vehicle with a microfiber towel, it ABSORBS the water. Now when you dip it in a bucket FULL of water and soap, it takes in as much as possible. Soo.. Good luck, I'll stick with my sheep skin.

9. dadswrld

New additions I have just added to my set...

I got the VX5000 Vapor Steamer. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how well it works. The price was in my budget and with free shipping, the drive to Rochester wasn't bad either. I also managed to get to a Carquest and picked up a few Duragloss products. Thought I would give it a try and see how I like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have some more prods. on the way. I'll post those up when I get them. I think I may still want a extractor, but for now I will see what the steamer can do for me.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice haul :thumb:

Now go put the toys to good use and don't forget to post pictures :peace:

11. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Sweet, that steamer looks very nice. 901 soap....:shead: thats my area code :gasp:

Your collection is coming along great :headbang:

12. dadswrld

Thanks guys. I'm trying. Memphis area is 901 eh!, You better talk to the Duragloss company about some profit sharing for using your area code:deal:!!

13. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Wow ... great collection of tools ...

14. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Great looking collection, I am envy you with some of those products :worship2:

15. dadswrld

Just received these by Fed Ex at my hotel from Phil @ Detailers Domain! Thanks Phil.

Some more additions to my set up. I managed to get Collinite 476s and a Blue Clay Kit from a Carquest and Autozone here in Atlantic City NJ. Have any of you used Liquid Glass and is it worth the $22 there asking?

[​IMG]

I now understand how some of you feel when you get these waxes or soaps and they have such a fruity or editable scent to them. That Lusso smells like coconut, makes me want a Pina Colada (non-virgin please)!

16. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

^now that's a good way to start with your detailing collection

i only have a couple of things from when i started, but that's a collection to keep

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I think you are pretty good for now, and I say for now because in about two more days you will find more thing you want.

19. dadswrld

I guess your right....:shrug:
    GI sample line...13 products and the their rotary 3" &5 " BP for a Flex I'm getting. I look forward to using these soon!

[​IMG]

...and some other things I grabbed along my trip.

[​IMG]

...and thanks to Autobahnshine, your stuff was packed nicely. Thanks for helping my collection along.

[​IMG]

Just a few more things coming and then I can hopefully do something I can post.

Thanks for looking.

20. dadswrld

New additions for me. It's been a treat! I have dealt with a few people here who I don't know, but the transactions went well and they sent the items packed really nicely. It didn't matter if it was big or small, 1 or 2 items, they took care in sending the packages, and I appreciate that.

I would buy from them again. Good Job guys.:applause:

Slanguage, thanks you!

[​IMG]

Barry, thank you. Now I finally have a rotary. Never used one, but I will be learning now.

[​IMG]

Bryanbestwax - his towels were Sunkist yellow until I washed them for the first time, with the next pick...:shrug: (in fact I washed all my towels for the first time, I just didn't think about colour running, especially in cold water...oh well)

[​IMG]

Avs1 thanks for the stack.

[​IMG]

Thanks again guys for helping in building my collection and addiction, I might as well admit it, why fight it. :mounty: