New GTi dealer damage

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I did this vehicle a while ago and figured I'd finally post it. A friend of mine just bought this GTi and right off the lot you can see all the swirls in the paint. Unbelievable. The car only had 196 kms on it when I got it. Sorry about the pics, Dont know why the car looks faded red.:shakehead:

Washed with P21S bodywork shampoo
    Jambs were clean so were only wiped down
    Tires, wheels and inner fenders cleaned with AG custom wheel cleaner
    Engine was spotless so was left alone
    Clayed with Automagic blue bar
    Polished with Menz IP on Orange CCS followed up with 106FF on Green CCS
    Finished with Menz FMJ x2
    Wheels were finished with Wheel Wax and Blackfire tire gel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job. Paint looks very wet.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Beautiful Golf, looks great!

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Now that's a great looking GTi! Very wet and reflective. You might want to think about blanking his plate in the future as some people don't like that. Also tell him to lose the stealership frame as it takes away from the car big time. Keep up the amazing work. :applause:

5. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

good save. car looks great

6. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Great job!

MMMmmm....DSG goodness

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice job.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

looks great!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done, vehicle looks great. Sure wish I knew what the dealership does to the vehicles but maybe it's best I never know :shakehead:

Job well done once again, thank you for sharing :peace:

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Did you get to drive it? I drove the EOS, and fell in love!
    [​IMG]

The shifts are simply as good as or even better than a manual. It looks like you got to detail a GTi with the DSG!

11. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I have a GTI with DSG and can tell you it is super sweet unless you get in one of those situations where the boost comes on when the DSG shifts. You get some compressor surge in instances like this. But honestly that only happens because I try to be light on the throttle to be more efficient gas wise.

The transmission itself is nothing short of amazing. Shifts faster than most people could ever try to shift.. if not anyone, period and none of the herky jerky kludgy/jerky shifts you get in a lot of automatics today.

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

A GTi is on my toy list! It is buttery smooth for how high I had the revs. What I like is when you are pinning it and are approaching redline, an upshift still keeps you in the power band. It is fantastic, I felt like the boost was always on!

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Wait until you see the dealer installed damage I am going to post in a day or two.:duh:

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great job!

15. Nica

Nica Banned

ooooh, look forward to it. You know sometimes I wonder if they even realize what they do to the vehicles? I mean it's common sense isn't it :confused:

Oh well, a positive spin on it is that they are creating job security for us, so to all the dealerships keep it up :thumb: :shakehead:

16. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

GTis are quick little buggers..... 2.0T making 200hp and just about the same amount of torque makes for a fun drive... with manual or DSG