"New" Car!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by artemis53, Mar 14, 2013.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I just bought an '85 Mustang GT 5.0 from my friend!

It is really rough, but mechanically, everything is PERFECT! Even on the coldest mornings, it fires right up, and runs STRONG!

It is the 302 V8 High-Output Aluminum block with a Holley 4-barrel carb and 5-speed transmission, my first time ever driving stick...what a blast!

My buddy also removed all SMOG equipment and threw on Magnaflow straight pipes!

I posted pictured to my FB, I am unsure if the links will work, but my page is: http://www.facebook.com/Artemis53

Now i just need to get it all fixed up nice and decide what I am going to do with it next!

2. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Congrats dude!! SOLID cars, always dug em. A buddy had one back in highschool, WICKED ride!!!

3. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Yeah, the main reason I got this from him is it has been so bullet-proof for him for the past 5 years, never once broke or let him down...and it costs about $40 to fill up from 1/4, and that gets me about 200-300 miles...not BAD...it has 180K miles on it, and has been rebuilt, fully serviced and maintained by master mechanics.

I thought it was damn near perfect for me! A good, dependable car that isn't horrible on gas, I got it for a great price, and I can have TONS of fun driving it around and working on little things all the time...exactly what I wanted!

Soon, I will see [just for fun] exactly how many of these scratches I can polish out, LOL! It does need a complete re-spray however as some spots are just trashed and peeled up...I am thinking just plain normal high-gloss black with some kind of high-lights maybe.

4. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

PLUS, my insurance went down a LOT compared to the 1996 Camry I was just borrowing...it went down about $100 per six months! Can't wait to see when I have had my license for 5 years!!