New Business Card Idea

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Reflect, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well I was up til 3am like an asshole designing a business card on Microsoft Publisher. I think it came out decent. I had ones from vistaprint last year that were just bland looking. Constructive criticism definitely wanted.

Attached Files:

2. Reflect

The notes section is where I'll ''diagnose'' a car when I see it, telling them what can be done, pricing, yada yada. I feel like it makes it more personal than having them call with no clue what to say.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Very cool idea you have going there.

4. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

I like it.

I dont see my name on there anywhere though.

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

do you have anything on the back? I suggest making the contact info all on the front so it's less crowded and having the notes in the back. I think it needs more colour as well. Just my opinion

6. Reflect

I'm going more the advertising route rather than self-defamation of character. :doh:

7. Reflect

Nothing on the back so far. I don't know if backside printing is in the budget, I'm doing that printsovernight thing and uploading a design. I was thinking about making the info with a light blue fill. Did you have any color suggestions?

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

The name is puzzling "Xification"? your ampersand is too big your eye goes right to it
    "Custom" pricing" makes me think you size a person up to see how much they can pay.
    Just my 2 cents!

9. Reflect

The name would be Autoxification, like detoxification. I definitely need to work on the letters and stuff. Thanks for the input, definitely taking it into consideration.

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

A suggestion K.I.S.S Keep it simple stupid, NOT that your are stupid!
    I have found this works for life in general.
    Put your business name, what you do, contact info and try not to get to artsy.
    I think you'll find it will work better for you

Also look at other peoples cards not just detailers cards too see what elements you like, how they have been used, why you like them. Bob

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Kyle ... G is gonna keeps it real with this one.

I don't think you want to associate auto detailing with a detox job ... Most detailing freaks here know what you mean, but regular customers might associate with a drug/alcohol detox ... and some people might have an issue with a young detailer that's fresh-out-of-college that "might" need a detox after them college years ... LOL.

I apologize if I offended you, but I'm just giving you my 2 cents.

G

12. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Kyle, I would look at another name. I didn't get what it meant until you said it, and you're gonna have at least some other people confused by it. FWIW, my Vistaprint cards came out awesome. I made a photoshop design and then uploaded the image and just used that and it came out really well.

Also, I left the back of my previous business cards blank for notes, but ended up adding a backside this time. I'm still on the fence about it for the next business cards, because what I found is that when I wanted to leave notes, I didn't have enough space to write what I wanted to. It's also hard to think about what you want to write to them, so I would plan that out and think it over some more and if it's worth it to leave the space for notes.

13. Reflect

All valid points. Thanks fellas.

14. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

looking good man. i'm a huge fan of color myself but some people are not the same way. It takes me forever to figure out a business card thing because i want so much stuff on there. I figure i end up paying a flat fee for color be it a 1 color card or full color so i tend to go all out.

Your card looks good and as BrendanS had mentioned if you can i would leave the note section on the back that way it keeps the front of the card strictly for contact information and leaves you plenty of space on the back side for notes

i really like the notes idea though . . . . . might be something to consider in the future that way you can remember a price you gave a customer in terms of a quote.

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

hey i'm interested to see how your vistaprint cards came out. Anyway you can PM me a photo? I used them years and years ago and thought they were ok but i'm sure they stepped up the quality by now.

16. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

looks fine but like DB boss suggested keeping it simple, maybe get fancier design, my business card is black on both sides with mate and glossy letters, simple and to the point, i think Nick paid about $75-80 for 1000 of them

17. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I'll join in the fray. When i first saw the card i spent more time figuring out the object in the upper right hand corner then i did the more pertinent information. I think also a adjustment in name may be a warranted approach. Put on the card your services, people like when it's short and to the point. Good Luck.

18. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Yea man, quality definitely went up, even in the last year since my previous order. I'll get some pics tomorrow with a real camera, I only got a cellphone camera and it's coming out too fuzzy. If I don't send it in 2 days, send me a PM to remind me.

19. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I think it is a bit too clever. The IV is a negative image (who likes IV's) and the graphic looks juvenile (not very professional).

As said above, just keep it simple. I would focus on a simple positive slogan.

20. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i got card from one of sellers here who is detailer and he done it very clever, he had 50/50 shot on back of the card, one was glossy metalic pic of after and before was mate with scratches on it.