Need to get a blower...help me choose.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by freefallin2000, Dec 12, 2010.

1. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Both links point to same item.

3. nyc_medic

nyc_medic Two Bucket System Washer

Links go to same home depot page.

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

re post the second link man.

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

idlove to help but i only buy commercial blowers. there kinda expensive for a home owner..

6. freefallin2000

7. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the blowers that you would find at Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart...ETC.

We just bought ours a couple months ago and opted to go with the only brand that I think would hold up, Stihl. My dad has two of them and has never had a problem.

This is the one we went with, only $150 at the local Stihl dealer. I just think it's worth it to get a unit that ALWAYS starts and you don't have to worry about hauling a cord behind it everywhere (handy if you ever need one in a yard or something).

BG 55 Handheld Blower - Occasional Use Handheld Blower | STIHL

Just enter you zip code and the site will show you the nearest dealer around you.

Good luck, having a blower is so convenient for detailing.

-Kody-

8. freefallin2000

Yeah, I am a little scared to get the Homelite one, but I think it would be a good investment no matter what. I do not want a gas one, but thanks for sharing. Does anyone has experience with the CG? I like that one because it's reasonably priced and looks and sounds pretty compact and nice.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have the one in the link below, yet and have noticed after each use there is a film( not sure if it from the gas and oil mixture that comes out of the exhaust) on my vehicle after. So I have stopped using it to dry and just use my electric Craftsman blower.

BR 600 STIHL Magnum™ - Professional Use Backpack Blower | STIHL

10. freefallin2000

Danny, do you like you're Craftsman blower? What model and such is it? Is there a minimum MPH or CFM or amperage I need to look for when searching for a blower?

11. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I have been using this for years and it is awesome.
    The attachment spreads the air out over 1.5' and makes the drying process much more efficient than through a nozzle.
    Website is a bit hoky, but the product is solid.

http://airwand.com/

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

We've had a Craftsman blower for 15 years and it still runs like the first day we bought it and it has been knocked around a lot.

13. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I honestly dont know its an old unit man but it still works great I use it without the plastic tubing. I think if it goes bad I am just going to get the blue CG blower since it has six speeds its light and the tubing is flexible and wont scratch the car if you accidentally touch it. Plus the price isn't too bad. But I think any leaf blower will be fine to be honest with you just get one thats for a good deal.

14. freefallin2000

^^Ecactly my thoughts....plus maybe after the new year Ican find the CG for a better price...who knows!? I think that is the one I am going to pick up....man, so many items to get!!

15. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

IMO the best is the Metro Master Blaster, 8hp, heated, filtered air with attachments made of soft rubber. They are not cheap but work amazing!!\

I have used one for about 3 years and it is the only way to go. Streak free, not marring, not scratching.

16. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I have the 'Black Baron' dryer which is the same as this one: Air Force® Blaster Motorcycle Dryer | Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner

It's a great tool, especially for drying engines, wheels, undercarriage, wheel wells etc. You can dry the paint with it, but I still find it faster to pat-dry with a proper towel.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

17. hhuynh14

hhuynh14 DB Forum Supporter

if you look on ebay for "Portable Electric Blower/Vacuum" you can find the exact one from CG for 20 bucks...