need some help steem cleaning

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Old School1980, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Old School1980

Old School1980 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Ok I have a 2008 ford escape XLT that has a bad stain. It has a honey cone weave in it (tan). I cant seem to get down to the stains. Its as if the weave is holding it back? If you have work on this type Escape XLT I would be greatly appreciate any kind of feedback.

Thank for your time :worship2:

Old School

2. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i just did a escape last week that had these kind of seats, had some bad stains and water stains, i used folex and zep high traffic and scrubbed with a brush, than used a extractor to suck it all up, came out great and look brand new. i dont have a steamer but mabey this could help some.

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

i always start with just steam... if that doesn't do it I lightly pre-treat it with an appropriate cleaner apc/zep high traffic/folex.... if that doesn't do it I go heavy on the cleaner and break out the extractor.

4. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

what he said.!

5. Old School1980

Old School1980 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

hope i dont do to neny of this kind soon :shakehead:

6. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

I've done over 15 Ford Escapes for my local Ford Dealer and coincidently, I use the exact method mentioned above. Hasn't failed me once.

I use the Gaia steam and extraction features as needed. I've gotten some realllyyy bad seats with stains and even F150's that were leased to Landscaping contractors. Heavy use of Zep HTC with a brush and extraction works wonders.

If ever you have to go heavy with the extractor make sure you let the seats dry completely and check them outside in the sunlight. You may have to repeat the process again.

Cheers,

W