Need Help Using Correct Compound

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Money2536, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Money2536

Money2536 Virgin Detailer

I could really use some help. I have some very minor scratches and marks in the clear all over my car that I can't seem to get out of my E92 M3's paint. About a year and a half ago I read somewhere that the best thing to do was to use a Boar's Hair brush to avoid scratches and swirls on a darker color. I, being a disciple of Griot's Garage, bought a Griot's Boar's brush, a second wash bucket, a Gilmour Fomaster II, and started washing after a Griot polish and a couple of coats of Griot's Best of Show wax. Well, a few months later I start seeing tons of small scratches even after very light washing. There were no swirls, so I know it was from the brush. Well...lesson learned, don't use a brush! So here is what I've done with little success at getting the scratches out.

First Attempt 6 Months Ago:
    Iron Cut
    Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine w/ Glide
    Griot's 6" and 3" DAs
    Menzerna SIP w/ Uber Orange Pad
    Menzerna SF4000 w/ Uber Green Pad
    Menzerna PL

Second Attempt this Weekend:
    Iron Cut
    Griot's 6" and 3" DAs
    Meguiar's D300 w/ Meguiar's 6"/3" Microfiber Cutting Pad
    Menzerna SF400 w Uber Green Pad
    Menzerna PL
    Collinite 845

I even attempted in a few areas a second set of passes with D300 and produced no better results. Is the clear super hard on M3s? Should I consider buying a Flex Polisher? Would Menzerna PG 400 or M105 be worth a try? Thanks for you advice.