Need an answer ASAP please. :)

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Laguna, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Laguna

Laguna Guest

Just need to know this....

"I'm doing the car today (writeup tonight).

Just want to know cause the detail spray is doing crap against water spots on my clearcoat.

Does theMenzerna PO203 remove waterspots like an abrasive? If not, is it ok to use Z-PC before the 203? The Z-PC is an abrasive and has proven to me to do great and removing waterspots and such."

:shead:

PS: I am hand-polishing.

2. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

use some vinegar on the water spots

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

CG waterspot remover is the shit from what I hear... I want to get some.

4. Laguna

Laguna Guest

You sir are full of win. Who would of thought. I think I found a new detail spray, lmao.

So now it's ok just to apply the 203 on top of that or should I wipe down again with Z6?

Also, what is a good amount of time to leave Menzerna 203 on for? Just like normal polish until it hazes and sort of dries up or what?

5. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

I don't think you understand how a polish works. You need to use a machine to work it into the surface. It has abrasives that remove (tiny) amounts of clearcoat to even out and level the surface. You will gain absolutely nothing from applying it by hand, letting it haze then wiping it off.

6. Laguna

Laguna Guest

Oh I know how a buffer works and all. I have used hand before and it does a good job at removing most defects. There will be micro-scratches and marring and such and still have over sprays if there are any. But, it will get rid of a lot of the things you can see from 2ft. and more away.

I can't afford a PC/flex/orbital/etc., so this is what I have to work with. Expect a detailed write up tonight and you will see that it does make a difference. I'm taking a crap ton of pictures.

7. skurzhun

skurzhun Birth of a Detailer

z-6 isn't meant to get rid of stuck on dried etched in water spots. It's just a quick detailer used for up keep. It will remove fresh water spots from washing. It really has no cleaning/correcting properties. 203 is a mild abrasive. It can remove the water spots depending on how deep they are in the paint. I don't see a point to using 203 then using z-pc. Z-pc has similar properties as 203.

203 is a polish and has to be worked till broken down. There's no specific time constraint. I don't know how long it's going to take if you're going to be applying by hand but seriously doubt you'll see much correction and you'll be super tired trying to do the entire car.

8. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

:shead:

9. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

It is the shit ^_^

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Polishing an entire vehicle by hand? That'll be quite the workout. However, I don't think you will be able to create the heat to fully break down the polish, possibly leaving quite a bit of hazing in the process.

11. Laguna

Laguna Guest

It doesn't do a z0mg job like a PC but I promise it makes a difference. Unless I'm just stupid. Pictures will be here tonight. I've done it before with Z-PC and all Zaino and I noticed a massive difference. I would see swirls in normal daylight and then I wouldn't afterwards.

Remember what they did before buffers, hand came before them and people still made cars look beautiful. It also helps that my paint is not that bad and is in great shape.

12. skurzhun

Welp make sure you take some pics with a halogen or some type of inspection light do a 50/50 so we can see the difference.

13. Laguna

Laguna Guest

Here is a quick before and after, still working so I can't do much right now.

I'm not arguing with you guys cause I'm still a n00b, but I have noticed a massive difference with my own eyes. Even if the polish is just hiding the swirls and covering them up, it's still a difference then my car looking like complete crap.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe you guys haven't used your hands in so long that you highly underestimate it. This is all I got to work with, so unfortunately, I can only use my hands. :\

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

This is the befores which are after the wash and detail spray wipedown and vinegar wipe down. Granted they're not the best pictures but in the before picture where the light and handle is you can see the swirls and the after picture is even closer and it looks great.

The after is after only 1 coat of 203. I still am going to do a coat of Z5, 2 coats of Z2 and SigII to finish it off.

You can still see swirls of course, I'm not arguing that and I know only a buffer can take care of those. But there is a difference.

14. skurzhun

In all honesty I can't really see the difference because the before and after are in 2 different places.

15. Laguna

Laguna Guest

It's the same door panel. Just different distance apart from it. Umm I'll see what I can do for you. I've already put the coat of 203 over the whole car and removed it. When I post up the full detail thread, just give me your input.

It's different, lol, I promise. I feel like I need to convince you guys. My dad even called out the swirls when I started and he came out there a bit ago and says he can't see anything now...

16. skurzhun

There's no way you could have done the entire car with 203 and used it successfully. I can't even work a polish by machine that fast. Did you just wipe it on then wipe it off?

17. Laguna

Laguna Guest

That part of the car had it on for a good while. I only showed that part of the car, the rest still all had on it. That was purely for picture purposes.

Edit I started polishing at 2:15 looking at posts on here is my best guesstimate. I got done with 1 coat of the 203 and I have applied the Z5 since then. That's 2 hours.

18. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

He put it on and let it sit for 15 minutes. There's no way any correction took place. Maybe some masking, lol.

19. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

:shead:So you wiped it on like you were applying wax and let it haze for 15min and wiped off, yes?

20. Laguna

Laguna Guest

longer lol, it only felt like 15 minutes but looking at the times on here, it was on the car for awhile and then I put a lot of elbow grease to the point of where I am sweating right now when I buff it off by hand.

Either way, I see a difference in person and the car looks so much better to me. That is all that matters. :)

Masking or not, the car looks better and I will no longer be embarrassed to drive it like I have been over the last 2 weeks due to the swirls that have covered it.