Need Advice on a Good product

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by ampbmw, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Hey guys, I'm always looking for ways to improve areas of my details.

Now I think it's time to look at interiors.

I've been loving Griot's (flame suit on) Interior Cleaner...its actually pretty good stuff. But, Its not been giving me the results I want on light colored carpets. It works very nicely on leather, dashes, plastics, and just is a great overall interior cleaner.

BUT I've heard so much about WOOLITE on interiors...Somebody tell me what this is all about, and what you use it on and how effective it is, and how you use it...etc etc

I've got some 1Z cockpit for dashes and plastics, but its that upholstery stuff I need to find the BEST of....shed some light on me guys!

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I use Woolite/Water to clean my leathers. Works so good. I mix it 50:50 and always follow up with a good leather conditioner. Haven't been let down yet.

It works well to spruce up carpets, but for tougher stains I do Folex.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I dont like using Woolite on carpet because its hard to completely remove without an extractor. DP total interior cleaner does not leave a soapy residue, so Id go with that.

4. ampbmw

What is Folex?

5. D&D Auto Detailing

Its a carpet cleaner. Do a google search.

6. ampbmw

Ok found out about folex on google....will pick some up but what about a good cleaner to get that dingy look (not really spots) just that brownish look out of tan carpets....AND should I get a nice soft brush to brush it in well instead of tearing up the fibers with hard bristles?

7. D&D Auto Detailing

See my previous post about DP. A soft brush is a good idea.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Folex works awesome. Doesnt take much at all to clean a stain. You can pick it up at HomeDepot

9. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

One of the best carpet cleaners used by me is the Zep extractor formula rug cleaner...I mix in a spray bottle and spray rugs..agitate and vac it up and then spray clean water and vac again..no residue left in rug to make resoil easy to happen again...

I mix 3oz to a 32 oz bottle for regular grime and a little more for tough grime...7.99 a gallon is hard to beat.....

AL

10. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh this sounds interesting, thank you for sharing Al :mounty:

11. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

I've been having good results lately with Megs' All purpose cleaner. 10:1 for regular cleaning or 4:1 for soiled areas. Supposedly it has "optical brightners" (megs description, not mine), but seems to actually do as it claims. It also has a nice, clean scent, as well.

Pete

12. D&D Auto Detailing

What is the pH for Megs APC?

13. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: yes sir I agree with you :thumb: I have a huge pale of Meg's APC that's all I use...here is the pale I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

oh as far as PH...mmm...I cant remember what it is Sparkie tested it and I got here it some where :confused:

14. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I had checked Megs APC diluted 10:1 and the PH was 12.41

15. D&D Auto Detailing

Megs APC diluted 10:1 is 12 (not sure where I got that). Pure its 12.8. I just dont know if I like the idea of using it on the interior.

16. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

why not?

17. D&D Auto Detailing

Because its so alkaline and strong. Worried about discoloring or something. Hell, you can rub the white writing right off radios with DP total interior cleaner. I just dont think APC's should be used on interiors, especially leather. Those are just my thoughts.