Need advice here

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by richy, Dec 9, 2008.

1. richy

richy Guest

On the weekend my 5 year old daughter spilled about 6 ounces of yellow craft paint (supposed to be washable) on our persian area rug. I blotted up as much as I could with paper towel and then tried using Folex and white terry towels, which wasn't working. I then tried our Hoover carpet extractor (with boiling hot water) which got about 80% of it out. I then tried the steamer on the rest. The yellow stain seems set in the light and dark brown carpet. I don't know if the pigment's bled or what. I'm at work right now and can't offer up any photos. You don't really see it in artificial light but you can with sunlight on it. I was thinking of putting Varsol or something and extracting that after, but am really almost out of ideas.

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

They sometimes use a yellow food dye for colour (non-toxic) -so try an enzyme cleaner (TOTL)

3. richy

richy Guest

O.K..that's a new one on me..do you have a product suggestion? P.S...I was glad to see you posted..thanks Jon.

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

BALL
    Persuasion
    enzyme carpet spotter
    That's what I use. You can get it at any industrial wharehouse.
    Hope that helps,Seth

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

It's junk now...Just pressure wash it...:shrug:

6. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

7. scot_w

scot_w Birth of a Detailer

Also make sure to test anything you plan to use in an inconspicuous area. Nothing worse than a white spot or damaged fibers.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh come on I'm sure a spray or two of Tardis will clear that up :giggle: just teasing, I honestly wouldn't know what to recommend...you already steamed it...and that was about all I had :sorry: