Need Advice: 2014 Durango Black cobwebbing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Stormtruck2, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Stormtruck2

Stormtruck2 New Member

The vehicle has 18,000 miles, black, and has spider webbing marks in the finish. I have only a WEN 10" RO and it uses bonnets. I have never done detailing before, just very thorough cleaning. It was washed, clay barred, and a coat of good wax last week at the dealer. I know it was done because I helped do it. They use high quality products, Meguiars, and others. Living in Iowa the winters can be tough on vehicles. Should I wait until spring clean up to polish and wax, or should I waste this wax job, polish and wax to get through the winter. What do I need to do to remove the cobwebbing, and get the wet shine? What products should I buy, and do I need to get a polisher or can it be done by hand??

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

can you post up photos of the car's paint condition?

3. Stormtruck2

Stormtruck2 New Member

[​IMG]

This, sadly, is the best photo I could get. I can only see the swirls when the sun is just right. I think this means they are fairly shallow. I appreciate any and all hints and suggestions.