need a new pressure washer .?????????

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by metsfan, May 5, 2010.

1. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

i just bought the snap on 2000psi to try out .I got home and used it then brought it right back . That thing does suck . I didnt have the trigger problem that some had but i highly doubt that it even put out 500psi . It wasnt even taking the soap off my car at 10ft away . I used to have a 1400 psi from hd that i could write my name in the ground with at full pressure . I think im used to using a higher gpm too because the snap on was just a light mist and barely got anything wet .

I went to home depot to look at what they had since i used to like the old one i had but there new ones look crappy .They all have like a clear crimped on hose and is one piece . im looking for somthing that is upgradable . I did like the ridgid ones and they have a ton of attachments for it at hd but its a bit too big and expensive for me .They had a workforce gas one which looked awesome and was on sale for 199 but they didnt have any in stock .

What options do i have in pw's as far as being able to upgrade stuff ? Im not looking for somthing really expensive or huge cuz i only use it maybe 1 or 2 times a week at most but i do want to get a better wand and foam cannon .

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Cam Spray, I'm saving my pennies and buying something that is well built and will actually last...

3. metsfan

i know about the cam spray but thats 800 dollars . Im looking for max 300 dollars .Ill be happy with it lasting a few years . If i did details for a living id def get the camspray but it will only be used 1-2 a week max .maybe 25 times a year . i see a lot using the karcher but im thinking it will be like the snap on .They also didnt sell it in the costco by me .

4. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I bought an electric at Northern Tool, it's a North Star, 1700 psi , Comet pump - ceramic plungers, and costs $449.00, money well spent! I looked at Cam Spray but it was more $, and required a 20 amp circuit.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Karcher will be your better bet, then Ridgid...buy it @ Costco...

6. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Man sorry to hear you didn't like the snapon poressure washer. Thinking of getting one myself. My buddy has one and it's decked out.

Upgraded high pressure hose
    Upgraded Gun
    Upgraded fittings to all quick connects
    Foam Canon

and it works great. $300 will get you a pretty decent size gas one. I have a 2600 psi gas pressure washer that was purchased for right around that price maybe a few dollars more and it's lasted a few years and that's with constant usage. I'm looking to retire it soon though as it is going down hill.

You looking for gas or electric.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

If you are on a budget and don't mind replacing the machine every couple years Karchers will fit the bill

I would suggest going to Big Lots, that is where I purchased my old Karcher(s) from...

I have since purchased the Cam Spray 1500A and ABSOLUTELY love it... It is amazing how much more important GPM is than psi....

I actually look forward to using my Cam Spray as opposed to my Karcher. Everytime I used my old Karcher I was always nervous it would crap out on me in the middle of a job (which they eventually did)

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I just bought a Stanley 1800 psi PW, 1.4 GPM. Used it once so far, no complaints. Wanted low GPM to use with my water filter.

9. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

man i want one so bad! the 20amp requirement for power is the killer. I can't guarantee all my clients have that and gas powered models are too big to fit/haul with the rest of my stuff.

:thud:

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Ya, I hear you... I had been wanting one for quite awhile but the cost of entry kept putting it to the bottom of the list

Agreed, that was another reason why when I was doing mobile work it was not a viable option for me... It was a catch 22 because the very small size made it VERY condusive to mobile detailing but the amp requirement posed some limitations.

Now that I am fixed location with 20amps throughout I just had to pull the triger:headbang:

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Karcher gets my vote.

Bought one used on craigslist for $40. Works like a charm

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

You're no longer mobile? Pics of the shop?

13. metsfan

I am looking for elecric but i would get a gas . I bought the snap on because of being able to be decked out like you said but it really does suck compared to other cheap ones i have used . They are def lying about the specs . I do wish i can find somthing with a higher gpm so it will wash the stuff off while breaking it up like my old one .

I want to find a karcher but the costco by me does not sell it .Anywhere else i can get it ?

I know i would love the camspray and i have a 20a breaker in my garage but it just cost too much . Whats big lots ?

Gpm on that is def too low for me . Me likes lots of water lol.

Im hoping to find a pw asap . The old one i had was a power wash or somthing from hd lasted me 3-4 years . How is the AR pw's ? There is one that looks like the camspray .

14. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

You ever think that maybe you just got a defective unit? My friend who is very very picky about everything he buys has no complaints on his unit. Maybe you should return it and try another unit and if that doesn't work then move on. All i have used is gas units but they are getting on my nerves now so i might be looking for a electric one depends.

15. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I have an use a the camspray and it may cost a bit but you get what you pay for. It is built like a tank and will last forever. I too was a bit leary due to the cost. But a gass unit was not an option. As when I detail I start at 6-7 am so my neighbors would kill me if I used a gas unit.

16. metsfan

i doubt it was defective cuz it adjusted fine and everything . If it were defective right out the box then i wouldnt want to waste another whole day and have the possibility of the same thing happen . Do they sell karcher at target ? Also i havent heard much on AR pw's .Where do they sell them ?

17. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

AR is a top quality company they are as good if no better than camspray

18. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

anytime you mass produce anything you run the risk of having defective pieces. look at the auto industry and all the recalls and warranty work that gets done. i had 2 karchers in between when my first gas pressure washer took a dive. Both of them right out of the box didn't even give off any water pressure and one of them didn't even turn on after that i stuck to gas pressure washers.

19. metsfan

20. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

I think this might be the case as I have the Snap-On one from costco and the pressure seems correct. And the Snap-On one from Costco is actually a repackaged Karcher FYI.