NAV Screens

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by dionnfr, May 4, 2009.

1. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

As we all know the Navigation Screens are all mostly touch screens, what is everyone using to get the fingerprints off the screens<

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Navigation (SatNav) or DVD Screen:
    The screen is highly static and tends to attract dust like a magnet; so do not attempt to remove dust with a dry cloth. Use a 100% cotton towel and electronics `safe' anti-static cleaner (Kiwi Brands Endust™ for Electronics or Plexus® Plastic Cleaner, Protectant & Polish) also works well on both computer monitors and television screens.

3. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

FK425 or 1Z CP.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1. I use either FK425 or CP

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well this is just me but I juse steam it and with a micro fiber towel wipe it off, works great...now I'm cautious steaming it, meaning I don't turn the steamer at full blast and steam the screen for a long period of time, I use the lowest setting my steamer has and a fairly quick pass with the steam.

Hope it helps.

6. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

steaming it doesn't work for me. 1Z CP is the only thing that gets them spotless.

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

fk425 for me

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Cockpit Premium

I always have people asking what smells so great, and I always tell them about Cocky P!

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

FK-425...:thumb:

10. Nontoxic

Nontoxic Virgin Detailer

I have a video that shows the guy using his steamer. I have not tried it as of yet. I would use an angle on the steam as to not spray directly into it and immediately wipe with micro fiber. One should be very cautious when doing this.

11. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for CP. A mist or two on the MF towel and then wipe down the screen.

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Another vote for 1Z CP.

13. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

1z CP hands down