Natty's Red vs. Natty's Blue

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Ch40t1c, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

PB claims that "[Red] has the added benefit of a wetter gloss and easier application. All Poorboys are easy to use and never finicky, but Natty’s Red is just a little easier. The carnauba spreads more easily and gives the paint a deeper, wetter gloss. Wipe it on, buff it off and stand back to admire the paint’s glistening shine."

So I was wondering, does Red perform as well as blue on dark paints? They're the same price so I'm trying to decide which one to pick up.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

just get both. tape the car in half, and do each half with each of the waxes :D

3. Ch40t1c

It's tempting :p I was thinking of buying the 32oz though, since from what i've read the durability isn't the best

4. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Durability is not bad at all. I speak more so on the red, as that is what I use on my DD. I have the blue as well, but have only used it on my GSXR, which is garaged, so can not speak on the durability. It is of course, not gonna last like a sealant, but my DD has been through quite a few rains and washes, and it still beads like the day after i put it on. Hasnt been on there a LONG time, but if it is still going this strong, I cant imagine it wearing off anytime soon. BTW, there is 2 coats on there if that matters. I say go for the 32oz, you will NOT regret it. One of the best waxes I have used, at one of the cheapest prices.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

well, if youre looking for durability, go with collinite 845 or 1z glanzwax.

6. Ch40t1c

That's tempting aswell, seeing as DD still has their %20 off sale going on. How would 845 compare to the Natty waxes when it comes to depth/shine? I have a gallon of dg105 that I plan on using when I want durability so I'm unsure if I wanna go with the Collinite.

7. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

What I like better about 845, is INSANE beading. Especially the fact it still beads strong after like 4 months.

105 does look nice on a properly prepped surface, but does not bead well (like most sealants).

As far as Natty's, I've only used the red. I really like the ease of use, and the smell is incredible. You have to try not to eat the stuff while you are applying it, it smells that good.

How much durability are you looking for? 1 month? 6? I would apply a fresh coat of Natty's about once a month when it was the only wax I owned.

8. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Can't speak for others, but the Collinite is my go to wax. I have a white car and it helped put more shine to my 1993 Integra. The durability is a bonus.

9. Ch40t1c

I was only looking for about 2-3 months durability, seems like I'll be going with the Red if I don't get talked into 845, it's definitely looking really good right about now.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

As easy as Natty's Blue is to use, the durability is just the absolute PITS!!! AWFUL! Just get the 845 and fall in love with it. As long as you don't let it sit for too long, it's very easy on and easy off. And the beading is just plain SILLY!!!

11. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

You won't get 2-3 months out of Natty's Red. Its more like 3-4wks. Go for the 845.

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1. That's why I asked if he only wanted 1 month of durability or 6.

13. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Natty's Red is a lot easier to use, IMO. I have all 3 and didn't care for the blue all that much - lots of ghost streaks which appear after the detail. It did look good but a tad finiky. The red is an excellent wax and super easy to use. It beads very well right off the bat and is quite slick. Durability is always subjective so I won't talk about that ... most of us enthusiasts re-wax well before the LSP is 'gone'.

14. Ch40t1c

I'll have to look into the 845 looks wise, I really like the way Natty's looks on dark paint, I was thinking I could top 105 with the Natty's? Looks like 845 is the winner so far though, cheap as crap aswell.

15. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Just get the 845, and top it with a couple coats of red. Best of both worlds!

16. Ch40t1c

I might have to, just can't decide!

17. Ch40t1c

Went ahead and got 48oz of the Collinite, DD ftw! Only $33 for it all! I'm putting Natty's Red on my shopping list though. I want it.

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Good choice on the 845. You wont regret it.

19. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

Red is alright, I prefer blue over red but thats because i like my black cars to be deep and shimmery not reflective
    [​IMG]

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

why don't you get Lusso Oro instead???