Nanoskin pad vs clay

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by 99monguse, Apr 9, 2013.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

Just saw a video on the Nanoskin pad. I have been using clay forever and I'm curious about this new pad; does it do as good as clay? I realize it lasts quite a long time.

2. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Its great and so much faster then claying. Time is money.

3. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

It may be faster, but a lot of people have reported that it mars more than clay, any truth to this? That's basically the reason I've yet to buy any nanoskin type product.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Most serious marring issues come from the pad not being properly broken in before use. Running it on the glass with plenty of lube before moving onto paint fixes the marring issue. The pad stiffens up after use when it dries so clay all the glass with it first everytime you use it. Another option is the towel which also works great.

Side note you will get marring on jet black car but its very superficial and taken out within 5-10 seconds of polishing, do not fear. On harder paints with plenty of lube I get zero marring with the pad/

5. toddcc1

toddcc1 Virgin Detailer

I just used it for the first time. I prepped it on the glass, with plenty of lube. What normally took me 1.5 hours to clay by hand, took me about 45 minutes with the Nanoskin and PC. No marring, but used plenty of detail spray. I was able to cover a much wider swatch, versus smaller sections with a clay bar.

...I'm never going back.