NanoSkin Glide Lubricant

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Chaseme, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Is it a special formulation or can I use alternate lubrication methods with AutoScrub?

And how many cars are you getting per bottle?

2. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

I purchased the initial Nanaoskin bundled kit that Phil sold and it included Adam's Quick Detail as the lubricant. I have a gallon Griot's Speed Shine that I'm going to use for the Nanoskin as I want to get rid of it. (I like the Adam's Quick Detail better than the Speed Shine.)

3. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I bought two bottles of glide.

I diluted it 7:1 and while it works well, ive noticed that it leaves a white film that needs to be buffed off. I use a ton of lubricant when using the autoscrub system so I usually stick with ONR

4. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Haven't even touched the lube that came with the towel, just been using ONR.

5. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i was under the impression the autoscrub system was super safe but i notice they recommend a stronger solution if using autoscrub vs clay

6. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Is it okay to use Glide with traditional clay too? Seems like a bottle of Glide will make 1- 1.5 gallons of lube. I am going to start with the Speedy Prep Towel and then try the pads

7. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Yes, of course.

8. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Good to know. I'll probably stick to ONR for regular clay because it is so cost effective. The Glide price at $13 a bottle that makes 1- 1.5 gallons of lube is more expensive than using ONR but still cheaper than using a detail spray.

9. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I've been using the auto scrub with Duragloss's rinseless wash with aquawax at a pretty strong dilution and it seems to work great. Haven't noticed any marring on any vehicles i have used it on yet aside.

side note: stay away from using it on hot paint, I had it leave some rubbery "scuff/residue" behind when I used it on a panel that was a bit too warm and had this problem. comes right off but it seems like material gets too soft/tacky if too warm.

10. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

I haven't had a chance to compare Glide to other lubes with the pad or towel, but I really like Glide so far...smells awesome too! I have seen some others say they noticed increased marring when they didn't use Glide.

FWIW, I've never really cared for ONR as a clay lube as I feel like lacks lubricity compared to some other products...It is very cost effective though.

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Glide works great if we have it in the shop the guys will go back and forth between glide and onr.

12. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

I have been using the Glide that came with the towel. Mixed the concentrate into a gallon jug and pour as needed into a olive oil sprayer from Bed Bath and Beyond. Love the Glide so far and the towel is growing on me the more I use it. Looking forward to trying the new finer grade version.