Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitts Fine/Medium

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Meticulous-Detail, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Anyone been using the Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitts Fine/Medium instead of clay, Nanoskin pads or Speedy Prep Towel? Just curious how these compare to the pads or the speedy prep towel. Also can you use any decent soap like DG 901 or MJS Ultra Gloss or do you have to use the Nanoskin Bubble Bath Wash and Shine Shampoo? As far as technique, do you rinse then foam then rinse then foam one panel at a time and use the wash mitt or are you guys using some other techniques.

2. chromeking

chromeking Virgin Detailer

I have used the Fine Nanoskin mitt just once and with great results. My 1949 Chevrolet one-ton panel sustained a lot of paint overspray while in a body shop earlier this year. They were doing some spot touch up work and it isn't that they did not mask areas on the truck adjacent to those being resprayed. They did that but overspray from other jobs in the shop settled all over my truck. It might not have been totally visible but the surfaces on the panel truck which had not been painted felt like sandpaper after I got it home and washed it. The Nanoskin must have reduced the time to about one-third of what it would have been with clay bar and lube. I like the fact that the Nanoskin mitt may simply be rinsed out with running water if it should fall on the garage floor. There is no apparent wear to the Nanoskin mitt after this one job. I had purchased the Nanoskin lube but suspect that any quick detailer of even a solution of car wash soap and water might have provided the needed lubricity. If this mitt continues to hold up well, I will be a convert from the clay bar. Bob K, chromeking

3. Meticulous-Detail

Thanx for the info :thumb:

Anyone else ????

4. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

That's great to hear Chromeking, I'm really interested in these as well and hope to read more good reviews as I just ordered a pair.

5. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Are you guys pre-washing the vehicles before using the wash mitts? I just don't see the wash mitt version of this new technology being safe to use unless the vehicle was pre-washed.

6. chromeking

chromeking Virgin Detailer

In the case of the old panel truck, yes it was for sure washed first before using the Nanoskin mitt. In fact, it was both washed and dried. If memory serves, I left it in the garage for a day or two after the wash and dry operation before using the Nanoskin mitt. It just worked out that way. I was very happy with the results. My next intended use of the Nanoskin mitt is on a car belonging to a buddy. It is a 2005 Mercury Sable in generally good comsetic condition but which sustained a lot of tree sap deposits during the last couple of months. I will report back but it will likely be a few weeks as it is awfully cold up here and I may not have an opportunity to get hold of this car, scrub all the road salt off and prepare it for a Nanoskin operation. Chromeking

7. Meticulous-Detail

Phil, don't see these on the site, do you plan on carrying them?

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

we may carry them how many did you need?

9. Meticulous-Detail

Just one fine grade, for now.

10. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Just bought a fine grade wash mitt.

I'm going to do a traditional 2 bucket wash, then use the remaining solution in the clean bucket with the nanoskin wash mitt. Should save a bunch of time and clay lube.

11. Meticulous-Detail

Cool keep me posted on how it works out. Which soap are you going to use?

12. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

My usual Duragloss.

13. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

I got the fine grade nanoskin wash mitt in on monday. I havent been able to do an entire car but i did a hood and it seems to work well. I like it better than the DA pad because you can FEEL the contaminents, its like you are doing the baggie test as you decon, which is pretty cool. I bought it because ultimately it costs less because it lasts longer and it saves time, which for me as a detailer, means more $$/Hour which is a big plus.

14. btjewell

btjewell Virgin Detailer

I used fine mitt today for the first time. I have never used clay before so I don't have anything to compare it to. It didn't take very long to work my way around the car. I also removed a ton if stuff that I was unable to remove with just a wash. I took Phil's advice and started with the windows.

15. Meticulous-Detail

Good info. thanx

16. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

We use the Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitts and DA Pads. Absolutely no reason to use clay...

17. Meticulous-Detail

I just found these; Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge – Fine Grade/Medium Grade 24.99 for both. The sponge holds lube and assists in the process. Cool.

[​IMG]

18. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Im going to do some more playing around with my mitt soon.

That is cool, but i feel like the mitt will do just as good of a job, it holds a good amount of soap as well.