Nanoskin autoscrub pad

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by TheRustySuper, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I had heard about these, and was considering purchasing one for my arsenal the next time I ran out of clay. When lo and behold, one was included in the polishing kit I got from Detailers Domain for Christmas. I looked around the forum for how exactly to use one, but I couldn't find much. From what I understand, the process is quite similar to claying, only with a polisher. I would assume that a low speed would be best. Do I need to make multiple passes over a panel? How long can I use it before it needs to be replaced? Do I need to break it in? Do I have to clean it, or do any other special maintenance to it? Can it be used on cars with really contaminated finishes (and will it mar said contaminated finishes), or should I leave that for an actual clay bar? Most of these questions are based on things I've read in various places on the forum, but can't for the life of me find again. I thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for this product. If there's already one that I may have missed just delete this post :)

2. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

IIRC:

speed 1 with the GG polisher that you just bought.

make as many passes as you need in order to get the results you desire.

it can be used for many vehicles, i think 30+ maybe? being conservative on this estimate.

break it in on the exterior glass surface. run it on the glass with lube for a few mins to get the initial coating off the rubber.

clean it with water.

there's 2 different grades, the fine and the medium...differentiated by the colour of the pad.

3. React

React Birth of a Detailer

I use the fine pad but check out Phil's post over the autoscrub pad

Had a chance to tackle the test panel yet?

4. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I don't believe what I've got is the fine pad, but then I could be wrong. The foam part is yellow, I think that's how you tell.

And I have done some work on my test panel. Since I live in an apartment I have to do the work weather permitting, and the weather hasn't been too nice here lately. But I did do half the panel with a couple different pads and my Menz FG 400. I got good results as well. I'll post something in the show and shine section about it in a bit.