NanoSkin AutoScrub Foam Pad

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by NickBlaine, Dec 27, 2013.

1. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What speed is everyone using when using the autoscrub foam pad on your polisher?

I washed the car last week (haven't been able to do much in a few months with a slipping disk). The car felt like sandpaper, so I gave the new rupes a shot with the nanoskin. I got about halfway done with the car, and the pad went flying off. It had started ripping apart. Not sure what I was doing wrong- speed at 4.5, UWW as lube, constantly spraying. There was no heat, nothing grabby. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

To high speed. Just go for 1 and no pressure, just let the pad to the job.

3. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I was way off then... I always stayed around 4 or so, with no pressure. Guess I will be ordering another one and do it right. Thanks

4. irsankao

irsankao Virgin Detailer

When you use nanoskin foam pad, a PC and speed setting 1. Do you do just 1 pass? or multiple pass like you use traditional clay?

5. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I have the nanoskin pad too...I believe the packaging it came with, explained how to use it, if you're not sure, YOUTUBE is your friend! I actually get better results with claying but that's me.

6. Zonawildcats4

Zonawildcats4 New Member

Loved using the Nanoskin, made quick work of an otherwise long process. I used slow speed 1-2 when I did mine.