Nanolex Coatings

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Budgetplan1, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Budgetplan1

Budgetplan1 New Member

Looking to try something new, Nanolex looks interesting, especially the somewhat interesting application when doing 2 layers.

As for good, better, best it appears that:

SiShield = good
    Si3D = better
    Si3D HD = best?

I also see Si3D BC avaliable in UK.

1. Looks like Sishield is avaliable in 30ml here at DD; guessing that's not gonna cover 2 coats on a panel van...50ml avaliable?

2. Are the others pro-only? Seems to be no restrictions noted on UK site but see no availability here on DD.

3. General experiences with longevity.

Properties I look for in a coating:

I live in NE Ohio so all ny findings/thoughts are based on that climate. The characteristics of a coating that matter most to me are:

1. Great Self Cleaning Abilities: Our cars see rain and often get rained on in the morning and then sit outside in the sun in the afternoon; don’t like waterspots. I like clean cars but don’t like cleaning cars.

2. Durability and resistance to environmental contamination like water spots and bird bombs. Don’t wanna have to worry about running home and immediately dealing with removing things that would otherwise etch bare paint. Like hard water spots did to our Corvette during the Zaino years. Also has to last cuz I don’t wanna be hauling out compounds and polishes every Spring, given reasonable maintenance.

3. Appearance: Well, stuff has to look good. Has to accentuate body lines, curves and hard edges. It needs to make me stop and admire it when walking towards it, walking away from it or catching a glance in the garage when I take out the garbage.

So far, the best I've found *for me* and what is now on all our personal cars are Miyabix2, ISMx1, Infinity Wax and Overcoat from the Kamikaze Collection of products...the stuff just plain works for our situation. But I'm sure you know how it is...always chasing Unicorns.

I'm wanting to give this a go on a new Ford Transit E250 that will see limited maintenance going forward; is Nanolex up to a task of this nature?

For what it's worth, have tried the below in the past year, looking for something new:

Cquartz Classic
    Gyeon Mohs (with and without Gyeon Booster)
    Gyeon Prime
    Gyeon CanCoat
    Feynlab Ceramic
    Pearl Nano
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic V1
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic V2
    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light
    22ple HPC
    Wolfgang Uber Ceramic
    McKees Paint Coating V1
    Kamikaze Miyabi
    Kamikaze ISM

Complimentary products/toppers/boosters

Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3
    22ple Final Coat VS1
    22ple Finitura
    Gyeon Cure
    IGL Premier
    Kamikaze Overcoat
    Kamikaze Infinity Wax
    TAC Systems Moonlight
    Gyeon Booster

Any info/suggestions appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

for the us market

SiShield is the version for DIYer's

Si3D and HD is reserved for Pro installers with actual shops and insured.

We have done cars in Si3D and SiShield and we have been seeing 2-3 years with cars that are properly cared for.

1. Great Self Cleaning Abilities: Our cars see rain and often get rained on in the morning and then sit outside in the sun in the afternoon; don’t like waterspots. I like clean cars but don’t like cleaning cars.

I believe it definitely is easier to care for with Nanolex

2. Durability and resistance to environmental contamination like water spots and bird bombs. Don’t wanna have to worry about running home and immediately dealing with removing things that would otherwise etch bare paint. Like hard water spots did to our Corvette during the Zaino years. Also has to last cuz I don’t wanna be hauling out compounds and polishes every Spring, given reasonable maintenance.

It will do well with the bird etching but I would advise still not to leave it on there too long. For this I would say in any situation make sure to have a detail spray in the car just in case.

3. Appearance: Well, stuff has to look good. Has to accentuate body lines, curves and hard edges. It needs to make me stop and admire it when walking towards it, walking away from it or catching a glance in the garage when I take out the garbage.

With a proper correction and correct installation of Nanolex or just about any coating you should get the look you want.

A 30ml bottle should get you two layers on a Transit.
    The application I feel is easier, it's small 2x2 sections, wipe on wipe off, then for the second layer just apply right after you hit that section.

3. detailersdomain

Here is an Alfa we coated

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Budgetplan1 likes this.
  4. detailersdomain

A 991 C4S Targa wearing Nanolex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. detailersdomain