Nano skin issue.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by IOMCAMARO, Jun 16, 2012.

1. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Hi guys. Today I was working on a 2011 Mazda RX8 and I was using the 3" nano skin autoscrub pad and the Velcro on my pad delaminated. This is only the second time I've used it and both time have been lightly by hand. Has anyone else had this issue or heard of it? Pics to follow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone? Lol these things are expensive to be coming apart after two lite uses. The front of the pad is still like new.

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Ouch! I guess Meguiars has their hand in assembly for these things. I hope the car is okay, what speeds were you on.

3. IOMCAMARO

I was using it by hand. So it wasn't even going that fast.... Lol

4. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

The 6" autoscrub is still good on mines, but then it is only the 3rd time I have been using it.
    It looks like the towel version is better than this velco version.

5. IOMCAMARO

My 6" is still good. Idk what happened to this one.

6. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

LOL! I see what you did there Hamza ;)

Keith, that is very odd. I've used my 6" no problem with the velcro, and I've used my 3" twice without any issues as well.

Contact Nano Skin and fill out their form. I did that about the odd pattern on the 3" pad and the owner called me the next day asking about it. He's rreally nice.

7. IOMCAMARO

Thanks Seth. I just sent in the contact form on their site.

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

hmmm can I ask what lubricants did you use?

what did you use the clean the car with prior to the nano skin.

9. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I see that you have the same pink polishing pal that I have ( from your picture )...if that's the case...the 3 in autoscrub will only fit in the yellow polishing pal it came with. On the pink polishing pal that I have from AG, the 3 in autoscrub will not fit that polishing pal, therefore if you will pull on the foam and not the Velcro area...the velcro will come right off. same principle applies to your polishing pads also :buffing:

10. IOMCAMARO

It's the yellow pad that came with the kit. It just looks pink due to lighting. I have only used glide and ONR as the lube. I washed the car with Ultima car wash before hand. No strong APCs or anything. I also dried the car before I even used the kit.

11. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

my bad...let me clean my glasses :doh:

12. detailersdomain

Did you pick this up from us?

Did you email me yet about this at all?

13. IOMCAMARO

I did pick it up from you Phil, but I haven't emailed you yet. I was waiting to hear from nanoskinusa first. :)

14. detailersdomain

I would have just taken care of it for you.

but wait to hear from NanoSkin now and keep me posted.

Phil

15. IOMCAMARO

Will do! Thanks.

16. IOMCAMARO

STill nothing from nano skin.

17. Tony Field

Tony Field Virgin Detailer

This isn't good enough velco shouldn't come off what ever your doing after two uses.My issues with these new product are that they haven't tested these for long enough before releasing them ?

18. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

What was the final outcome of this thread? Thanks.

19. IOMCAMARO

Phil sent me a new one because nano skin hadn't got back to me after two weeks of calling and an email. Then they contact me and offer a replacement due to random manufacturer issues. It got settled well and I appreciate Phil's help and great customer service. He was in contact the entire time.

20. tfish1

tfish1 Birth of a Detailer

Thats why hes the man