Mytee extractors

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bryansbestwax, Apr 28, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Anybody have a mytee HP 60 or 100 extractor? Are they any good?

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I've had the Mytee HP60 for a little over a year and love it! It is a great quality machine and gives excellent results. I did a lot of research before deciding to go with the Mytee.

3. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I dont honestly think Ive ever read anything negative about mytee.....

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I have the HP-60 and I'm very happy with it. Has plenty of power and makes doing interiors much faster and best of all the end results are very rewarding.

I give it a :thumb: up.

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

the extractor carlos has is amazing to say the least, it does a great job of cleaning the carpets...

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Do the differences between the HP60 and the Lite II justify the price difference? I just can't seem to figure out what makes it worth to buy the HP60 over the Lite II.

Anyone care to express their reasoning to getting the HP60 over the Lite II?

7. pt91

pt91 Virgin Detailer

i got the mytee lite II for the size and ease of dumping the waste water. i think the 60 has more lift but is quite a bit larger.

8. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

HP60 has 137" of water lift

8070 has 85" of water lift.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I noticed the significant amount of lift on the HP60 as well as the additional 30 lbs. I guess I'd be better off with the 8070.

It would be interesting to see a side-by-side extraction of a stained carpet. I'm under the assumption that 85" of lift is more than enough but would 137" of lift make a noticeable difference. If the HP60 were only very marginally more expensive than the 8070, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Too bad it's a fairly large price difference.

10. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I have the Mytee HP 60. Had it for about a year now. Not sure how I lived without it to be honest with you. No complaints at all. The water gets nice and hot, and I have the scar to prove it!

The only difference between the HP 60 and the HP 100 if the size of the solution tank and recovery tank. I believe all the internals are the same. (heater, pump, vac motor)

11. cleandean

cleandean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I curently have the Tempo, the older version of the Mytee Lite, The HP 60, and the HP 100.

I am happy overall with their performance, but getting them serviced in NJ is a bit of a problem. The heater is out on both my 60 and 100. The 60 was my own fault, because I left some water in the unit in my garage during the winter and now water flows out of the heater. The 100 heaters just stopped working.

I am hoping I could order the parts and figure out how to repair them myself.

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Dean, do you think the Lite II is sufficient for the professional detailer? I'm quite aware that it's commercial grade equipment but is it worth the additional investment in a HP60 over the Lite II?

13. PERFECTION

PERFECTION Birth of a Detailer

I have the hp 100 and love it.