My thoughts: Flex PE14-2 vs. Festool Shinex

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by EbbeJ, Mar 24, 2011.

1. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Post deleted

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Thanks for the comparison. I choose the Flex PE cause I really liked my 3403, but it was very noisy. I can't wait to use my Flex PE

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe one day I will finally have a purpose for a tool like that.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

the festool is at like 500bucks up in the great white :S

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

That 3M backing plate looks right at home on the new Flex! Thanks for the pics!

6. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

Great comparison! I have used both as well and feel the same. The flex it quieter, but the festool is much more user friendly. I will be buying a festool myself instead of the flex.

7. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

In what way if you don't mind me asking? Because of the 1 pound weight difference?

8. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

The speed adjustment dial is in a much more convenient location. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I was getting annoyed adjusting speed on the flex. It just felt awkward to me. Also the festool seems more ergonomic. It feels more balanced in my hand. That might be a personal preference, but I love the way it feel, it fits mymhands perfectly. Hope that explains it.

9. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I still think that anyone should try both before making up their mind. Both are really capable machines. I forgot to say that the Flex' spindle can be locked in more positions than the festool, which is making it faster to change the backing plate.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for taking the time for doing and sharing this. As I thought both are quality units and it will just come down to what feels better to you. I already have the Flex and I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. But as far as the placement of the speed control its the same as my other Flex units so I'm used to it . So I won't be investing in a the Festool. But now if they bring the Rap 80 over . That would be a no brainer.