My rookie collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by MINIz guy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

What I started out with when I first came to DB.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My new additions. These little things already cost me $40! BOGO Grit Guards did keep the cost down, but now I have an extra! I also got the LC Hydro Tech Cyan pad for some more cut than my white pads.
    [​IMG]

How it is now.
    [​IMG]

I'm all ready for winter to be over and a good complete detail. Might need to stop of Pep Boys one day and get some fine grit sand paper for rock chip/scratch repair.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Congrats on the new stuff. Your collection will continue to grow!!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice collection and very organized too :thumb:

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nice collection...dont mind me asking what is in the little glass bottle with blue labels? Touch up paint or something, second picture?

5. MINIz guy

Thanks guys. Hoping to get rid of all my OTC stuff and get some better products over the summer. I'll be waxing every day just to run through all my waxes!

Those little bottles with the blue labels are indeed touch up paint. 2 bottles (Titanium Silver and Mystic Blue) of BMW paint, 1 bottle of primer and 1 bottle of clear coat. Got some very bad scratches and rock chips on our older BMWs, so I plan to tackle them this summer!

6. MINIz guy

Back with some new stuff collected over the few months. My local Sears was having a closeout, so all detailing items were 25% off. Picked up some MF towels; I got nice big drying towels and some short nap polish/wax towels. Then got some sponges and 64oz. of Armor All Car Wash, I've tried this before and found it to be decent with suds. All cost me under $25!
    [​IMG]

Got some Autoglym HD Wax from Wal-Mart while on vacation in Nevada! Some Danase stuff when they were closing too.
    [​IMG]

Reorganized it all. I think I am ready to detail this summer.
    [​IMG]

I found this neat little steamer my mom had in the closet. Want to try it out on cleaning interiors.
    [​IMG]

I only need some sandpaper and sanding blocks for some touchup work this summer. Hopefully our cars will look so great this summer. :applause2:

7. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

nice collection

8. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

nice, those drying towels are awesome and the edgeless towels i like using the windows...

9. D By Dustin

D By Dustin Virgin Detailer

Nice Collection! Ive heard a couple of people using Rejex on wheels is it pretty good?

10. MINIz guy

Rejex has pretty good durability (2+ months) so it would be fine as a wheel sealant. I even like using Rejex as a winter sealant, although it doesn't give the best shine for a sealant.

11. D By Dustin

D By Dustin Virgin Detailer

Im looking for a good wheel sealant to put on my customer's wheels who makes the best as far as durability/shine? Durability being the most important.

12. MINIz guy

I'm not sure of the best wheel sealant, but Rejex is fine for me. I can't give you a better answer than that, sorry.

But, I have some newer items. Got some towels from Sears again for $8. Wanted some more short nap polish/wax towels, but could only pick up their detail towels with one long nap side and one short nap side. Thought I'd try some of their glass towels too, as they were only $1 each. Last but not least, I picked up a better steamer! I'll let the pictures do the talking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Would like an update on that steamer when you get around to using it.

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

nice collection!!!

15. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

look good the steamer, how much is it?

16. MINIz guy

Finally got around to use the new Wagner steamer. Cost me $70 at Costco and it seems to be worth it if it is reliable. It holds up to 48 oz. of water for 60 minutes of steaming. I've only used the jet nozzle, which provides pretty good pressure, on some tile grout as I'm not allowed to work on the cars from my parents. Hey, I'm only 15. It should be fine for interior detailing as the trigger gun isn't too clunky and the hose is pretty long to reach around areas.

17. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

does it put off continuous steam or only short bursts. Iv been looking into a vx5000 which can supposedly provide 2-4 minutes of high pressure steam. If i can save 500 and use this that would be found money to buy a Mytee Lite 8070.

18. MINIz guy

I don't think this machine can give you 4 minutes of continuous steaming. I only used it for quick 30-60 second bursts with only enough rest to wipe away the water that condensed. The machine has a amber light that turns off when steam is available, and would only turn on after a few 60 second bursts; I guess it can give 2-3 minutes of continuous steam. It doesn't take that long to regain steam after the water has heated up.