my PC7424 broke =(

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by KC4725, Aug 26, 2008.

1. KC4725

KC4725 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So I had the PC7424 for a year and a half now.

Just last week, I decided to do a little detailing and the motor just died on me.
    Now, when I turn it on it makes a weird noise and the pad wont spin...

Anyone know where I can get it fixed cheap?
    I"m going to cheap local service center, I just hope they don't charge me a whole lot of $$ or I'm gonna go for a rotary polisher instead.

2. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I thought those PCs were pretty durable.... Let us know what your local service center says. I've always been curious to see what it would cost to fix a tool like that -- hopefully you don't have to but a new one.

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sorry to hear. You dont hear about a PC tearing up like that too often. Good luck getting it fixed. Sometimes you can find them on ehay for about $100

4. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Check the brushes?

5. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Just go to a hardware store to get it fixed, mine stopped working last year, it was just the cord and it costs less than $15 to replace, IIRC. Obviously it sounds like yours has more problems than just a faulty cord, however.

6. KC4725

brought it to the local power tool store,
    owner said it seems to be a seized barring inside the PC preventing it to spin. He said it shouldn't be too much to get it replace.

Lets hope that stays true...

7. KC4725

what brushes?

8. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

AC motor has brushes making contact at comutator.
    But looks the motor on yours is OK (making noise and turn) but the pads ceased to agitate so the shop is correct, the bearing needs to be replaced.

9. KC4725

^ Oh I see...
    Well I couldn't take it completely apart,
    so I thought i'd leave it to a professional instead.

Usually replacement bearings aren't expensive right?

10. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

It shouldn't but I am no expert on the internal of PC.

Look at the bright side, if it's too expensive then you have an excuse to get Flex or rotary:p:

11. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I had a PC up until a few weeks ago. Flex 3401 is great. lol :mounty:

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Check this website:

Service & Support

Enter your zip code up at the top left, and find the service center nearest you. That's what I'd do. Drop in, drop off, come back when they're done.

13. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Everytime I try to save money and get something fixed for some reason it just never works out.I always end up getting a new one anyway.Even if I can't afford it at the time.It just makes things so much better and me so much happier.It's just a thought and thats just me...I hope things work out for you very soon!!!:thumb: