My new T-Reg

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Kilo6_one, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I sold my GMC Sierra, I had posted it on CL about 3 months ago and actually forgot about it. Some guy 2 hours north of me called up said his wife wanted it really bad.... after about 30 minutes of negotiating I got my asking price and he came down the next day to get it. I have always liked the Touareg, and never found one when I was looking for a car that was in good shape, colors or options with low mileage. Apparently people really hold on to these. Yes it gets "for shit mileage" but its better then my GMC........

It will need a good detail this spring, so a write up will be along about that time.

Mounted up some 20x10 Niche GT-5s with 275/50-20 Toyo Tires
    It has the 3.6 motor with AWD..

so far I love it.

hope you like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

asleep with my Passat Wagon, YES I finally did coilovers and lowered it.

[​IMG]

2. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Very nice German-War-Wagons, Karl !

What do you think of the newly released info for the 2014 GMC Sierra line ?

Is there any good things about them that you like?

Dan F

3. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Awesome Karl!

I love those Touaregs

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Hell ya its a VW bro the only way to go! I've had a VW since I was 16.

5. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

T-reg FTW!!!

6. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

nice cars, which one do you like more? the wagon or the suv?

7. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Jealous...

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Love your Touareg! I really was thinking about getting 5.0 TDI with V10 before I got X5 4.8i...

9. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Nice ride. Looks like a carbon steel grey?

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks very good! Love these things.

11. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Sick man I've always wanted one

12. Kilo6_one

My first car back in 1992 was a Jetta GLI, I have always loved VWs, regardless of the quirks. In a world of camry and accords (owed a few of those) you cannot beat VW for style, value and over all performance.

13. Kilo6_one

They have not changed much since 2008 honestly, some chrome, more chrome and uglier wheels. I looked at a 2011 when I bought the one I just sold, dollar for dollar you can get a fully loaded low mileage still under warranty 7yr/100k powertrain for 60 cents on the dollar, so Id look pre owned. They are WAYYY over priced right now, that is why they are offering 6k cash back.....

But they are good trucks, Ive never had an issue with a GM products

Honestly its hard, both are very fun to drive. Wife is driving the Treg during the winter due to her commute and fog.

I am not sure, I have not looked it up, but its really a nice color. It will need some "polishing" and some work, Im seeing a few RIDS and alot of marring under the dealer applied "vasaline wax"

14. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Awesome Tourageg. You need some Porsche calipers bud ... mod the crap out of it!

15. Kilo6_one

If I can find them, but it actually comes with floating calipers......... not sure if they are 4 piston. Ill look, but they are not anemic that is for sure.
    Looking at some H&R springs, but thats about it. Im more into modding out my wagon

16. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Be glad you didn't get the V10 one. Even though that engine was a monster, it was plagued with issues. It shared the same cam wear issue that most PD TDI's suffer and it also had the tendency to blow both turbos often (too small and not enough factory cooling).

17. Kilo6_one

Yeah, I heard before 2008 they had alot of issues. What is funny is my neighbor has a 2004, first year out. She has the V6 about about 90k on it; I asked here before I bought mine if she had any issues. She said no, other then a dead battery and usual maintenance. Guess she got a good one.

Yeah, while the v10, or even the v8 would have been nice i could not find one for the life of me with less then 50k miles and I wont buy a pre owned car with more then 30 usually. And that is pushing it

18. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wow that one in particular looks awesome!

19. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

excellent ride Karl, really into the VDubs now ehh. I can believe one person can go from a stanced and dropped accord to a STI -> Sierra -> T-Reg...you just really like to mix it up.

20. Colinpd137

Colinpd137 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Very nice! a family friend just bought the 2013 one of those. Drained her like 60 grand...