My new ride!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by d00t, Sep 2, 2009.

1. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

In an attempt to get in better shape.. as well as start a new hobby I purchased this with my school money :lol: (See where my priorities are... Kidding, kidding. I had extras left over this week) So far I've ridden about 30 miles on it.

Anyways.. it's a Cannondale R400 from the earlier 90's. Super light aluminum frame.. just upgraded the brakes and front crankset to Shimano 600's from the original RX-100's. I'm keeping the rest stock. I was going to do a full upgrade, but I'll be buying an '09 bike when they go on sale in Jan/Feb to have a newer frame/components.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else ride road bikes? Post 'em up!!

:peace:

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very cool Aaron, my brother is into biking and has a Cannondale like that.

3. bige441

bige441 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

the frame and the tires don't look real shinny to me :)
    maybe they need a little polish and some dressing

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Whatever makes you happy dude! Atleast thats a good hobbie that will keep you fit!

I watched some show on discovery or something along those lines and they were making the bikes with the Carbon Fiber frames..holy crap that was amazing to watch..

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Make sure any before / afters of you are fully clothed please!

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Congrats! I ride as well. I have a 07 Giant Sedona DX
    [​IMG]

What he said!

7. d00t

Don't worry.. I don't plan on wearing man-dex :lol:

Tires don't get tire shine because on the sides of the tires is where the tread is.. so when you take a fast turn, only the side of the tire is gripping (much like on a motorcycle!)

And it doesn't look shiny because it's been repainted and has no clearcoat or anything on it. But I'm not complainin' as it's just a bike for me to get the swing of things again :thumb:

I'd love to have a Look, Cervelo, etc., full carbon bike... believe me! But I don't have $12k to shell out on one :(

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I had a Trek and bought another Trek off guy that hit hard times for a cheap price. Only problem was the frame was way to big for me so I took all the upgraded parts and carbon fiber wheels off his bike and put them on mine and had a kick ass bike. Its a great way to get in shape because it provides a great cardio workout and is easy on the joints. I enjoyed it but it was tough to find guys to ride with and its just not real safe riding by yourself so I gave it up and sold my bike.

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Do two 20+ mile rides. One wearing street clothes, the other wearing "man-dex." You'll change your opinion of the stuff, I promise.

10. woodenshoes

woodenshoes Virgin Detailer

What he said, people need to get over the whole homophobe thing with bike shorts. Here's my recently departed Cervelo P2K. :(

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. d00t

I probably will switch over to the Lycra eventually. I mean.. I still use normal pedals, instead of clipless :p.

That is a BEAUTIFUL bike!! I would have gladly kept it in working order for you! :worship2::worship2:

BTW, I saw those handle bars on a Cervelo just last week. What's the difference in those compared to the regular "u" shape style bars? Any added benefits? The do look a lot more comfortable..

12. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I have two rides, neither see enough action but I have a Giant TCR 1 and a Gary Fisher Sugar +. I will make you a better person

13. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Nice rides guys. Cycling is good hobby & offers one of the best sports for both leisure & fitness. Here are my rides:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. woodenshoes

woodenshoes Virgin Detailer

The only way to go on both counts!!

They're called bull horns or pursuit bars and are used for time trialing and triathlon racing. They work with the aero bars (the ones in the middle with the padded armrests) so that your brake levers are up and forward so they are more accessible when you come off the aero bars. If you are in the aero position yes definitely more comfortable, for regular sitting up riding your bike with the cow horns is more comfortable.

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Congrats on the new ride Aaron!

Haha seriously!

On another note, I don't have a road bike but I do have a couple BMX bikes and a motorcycle. :)

I think I want to get back into riding street and park... eventually getting a downhill and road bike would be nice too.

16. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Aaron,

If the bike is your transportation and the trailer your home, you need to raise your prices!!:sorry:

Andy

17. d00t

Hahahahaha.

At least the trailer has air conditioning! My house doesn't :(

I'm rolling in an 08 S2000 right now ;)

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Love the Casati. Old school steel frames FTW.