My New Purchase (Hot Water Extractor)

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by detailing_plus_wade, Feb 9, 2011.

1. detailing_plus_wade

detailing_plus_wade Virgin Detailer

Hello everyone. I would first like to tell everyone I am new to the site as I just joined the site today, however, I have been lurking and reading this site for awhile. My name is Wade and I own and operate a detailing business here in Fredericksburg, Va. called Detailing Plus. I mainly detail vehicles, and boats. However, I also detail RV's and motorcycles.

I have always wanted to purchase a carpet extractor, but I never actually broke down and bought one until now. This week I purchased a Powr-Flite 13 gallon 200 PSI hot water extractor Model #PFX1382E which sells for $1,629.00 here is the website link:
    13 Gallon Hot Water Extractor, 200 p.s.i. - Powr-Flite
    I also bought a Wonder Wand™, 3 Jet, 1000 P.S.I., For use with my hot water extractor to deep clean interior carpets of people's homes. This Wonder Wand orginally cost $369.98 here's the link to the website:
    Accessories, Carpet Extractor, Wonder Wand, WW1000 - Powr-Flite
    I also bought an Upholstery Tool with Double Chamber, 1-1/2", Stainless steel, up to 300 p.s.i I will use this handy tool for interior car detailing and deep cleaning sofas, ect. ect. This orginally costs $71.44 here's the link to the website:
    Accessories, Carpet Extractor, Hand Tools, AA144DC - Powr-Flite
    Needless to say, I got a great deal because I purchased this machine and all of the attachments (all of the attachments from above and the 20 foot hoses and cords) from craigslist which the machine was still under manufacture warranty. Its about a 3 year old machine but its in great condition. It also came with about 12 bottles (gallon and quarts of various cleaning solutions, ect which some even came full bottles.) and two shampooers for spot cleaning, one large shampooer and one smaller size shampooer and a commercial wet/dry vac and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff. Well I bought everything for $700. The guy was asking a $1,000 but I talked him down to $700. I'm sure including all of the extra goodies and the machine and attachments if I would have bought everything new then I would have probably paid about $2,300-2,500. What I like about this machine is that its big enough to take to do carpets in people's homes but I'm also able to use it to clean interior of vehicles (mobile detailing.)

Well let me know what you guys think of my purchases.
    I'm looking to hear back from some feedback.
    I'm counting down until spring when business picks up with detailing work everyday, which I bet everybody else is anticipating on warmer weather as well.

2. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Sounds like you got a great deal on a solid extractor. Never heard of the brand, but it looks to be built like a brick sh*t-house.
    Post up some pics when you use it.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Glad to see another person from VA ... I'm practically your neighbor. I live in Spotsylvania.

4. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Welcome to the site... That is a pretty good deal you got on the unit and accessories! Hope it works well for you.