My new power cable upgrade

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by kyoshiro, Dec 12, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

[​IMG]
    Upgraded from the thin power cable to a thick one with gold plated ends LOL
    and yes I havent invested in a power conditioner yet, thatll hafta wait till I got budget!

Oh and this is for my 2 Channel Amp :)

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I don't know what your running from that but good job buddy keep it up

3. kyoshiro

audiophile-ing is expensive :(

4. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

just bought a new receiver 7.1 with 3 d by pass. had to get two more speakers. expensive for sure

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

the airforce called and wants their plug back............

those things are sick, military grade for sure.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

$100 power cable, $5 surge protector. NICE!

7. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

You better upgrade that Surge Protector before you have a surge that passes through. I had a surge last year that made me thank myself for spending a little extra on an upgraded Surge Protector, I could have cost me my $4500 system.

8. kyoshiro

i actually have a surge protector before that bar, im simply using it to convert UK plug to US plug =p

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

sorry, had to laugh..........

what we do not see is that plug controls the rest of his set up.

[​IMG]

good news out all this is when Skynet becomes self aware......... pull the plug!

10. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

for rest of his stuff he is probably running 4160V cables

11. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

whats the rest of your system? i miss hifi so bad .....i had b&w cdm7's a crappy carver pre amp and an old acurus 2 channel.....loved it until it was taken from me

12. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

tube or solid state?

13. kyoshiro

I'm only using some cheap stuff atm (i'm more towards headphone than hifi as well)

Using Chario Syntar Surround + Teac H380 2 channel amp + Denko speaker wires + Trends Audio PA-10 Hybrid Tube Amp as Pre amp from my Fiio D3 DAC

14. durabio

well if thats the case... closed or open headphones :)

15. kyoshiro

Opened
    Senn HD600 with Cardas Cable upgrade

i have a few IEMs too like the IE8 with Baldur cable upgrade, SE530 and others but these are powered by my portable amp cuz they have low enough impedance (god damn hd600 is a beast with 300ohms)

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I just sold my entire B&W 600-series this weekend. I'm a bit sad now.

17. durabio

Nice! I'm saving up (slowly) to buy a pair of hd650

@ P1et I'm sure you're wallet is more happy lol

18. kyoshiro

HD600/650s are getting phased out soon i believe for the 598 to become mainstay and then probably a HD700 inbetween that and HD800
    HD600 is actually more balanced than HD650 I find, too much oomf in HD650 lol

19. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I'm pleased to see the audio equipment interest here. I've worked for a couple different high end dealers (Audio Research, Ayre, Atma-Sphere, Levinson, Bryston, Rogue, Magnepan, Wilson, Vandersteen, Sonus Faber, Spendor, PMC, etc.). At some point I'm going to have to put together a computer-based system running lossless 24/96 or 24/192 music files but for now my system is strictly CD and record based. Although the stores I worked for did carry headphones it was before the recent boom and the whole Head-fi.org world of exotic headphone systems so I'm fairly ignorant about that part of the market.

20. viOlaziOne

viOlaziOne Any Rag Vehicle Washer

LOL sorry .. that made me laugh .. quite the cable though .. puts all of mine to shame