My Little Obsession

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by cu2mike, Oct 2, 2012.

1. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Hey everyone, I'm sure majority of you already know me. Many of you probably don't know that I have an obsession with trying out different polishes. Here is my little collection.

In the picture below, from left to right
    Two 1 gallon jugs of D300 (one of them is half empty), Meguiar's M105, Scholl Concepts S3 Gold, Optimum Hyper Spray Compound, Four bottles of M101, M105, S3 Gold, D300.

[​IMG]

Two bottles of Menzerna SIP (One of them is half empty), Menzerna PF, Scholl Concepts A15 Medium AIO, Optimum Hyper Spray Polish, Meguiar's M205, Scholl Concepts S17+, Meguiar's M205, Scholl Concepts A15, Euro Version Menzerna SIP and PF.

[​IMG]

Scholl Concepts S40, HD Advance Polish, Menzerna PO85RD, Scholl Concepts S40, Two bottle of Auto Finesse Tripple, Auto Finesse Rejuvenate, Werkstat Prime Strong, Prima Epic.

[​IMG]

And in case anyone is wondering, I USE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. So maybe I'll get around to product reviews one of these days, :D

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

good to see someone hoarding polishes instead of waxes
    send me a sample of the 101.

3. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

awesome collection of polishes! If i keep buying like I have been I willend up with a collection like this.

4. wong05tsx

wong05tsx DB Forum Supporter

Whats in the urn :D?

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

his old dog............LOL

6. cu2mike

Karl got it, after I ate it of course LOL

7. dblackn

dblackn Two Bucket System Washer

what bottles are your M101 & M105 in? I like the tip are they twist or pull tops?

8. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

those would be pull up tops...and when you close (i.e. push them down) the tip forces out any remaining polish so you don't have a clogged dispenser afterwards.

it's the same bottles that the D300 and D301 come in from Meg's

9. cu2mike

^ Yup, they are just D300/D301 bottles.

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Those D300/D301 bottles are awesome. I'm temped to convert all my compounds and polishes to those bottles.

How do you find the spray head for the Optimum polishes? Mine used to leak as I shook it so I transferred it to a different bottle with a twist top instead. I wasn't a fan of the "spray" style polish, much prefer dispensing so that I can control the amount of output better.

11. cu2mike

Dude, I think all spray bottle heads leak. My Spray Master heads leak too.... So which one are you using now? Link?

12. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I thought I broke my hyper compound bottle because it leaks. Is that just normal? It looks like it leaks from the threads where the spray head screws to the bottle

13. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

So far I haven't had much/if any fluid leakage from the chemical guys spray heads. They aren't the most durable but I don't ever see spilled product when they topple over. Don't you have those Kwazar's? Do even those ones leak? I know some members have found a source that sells them for half the price, from some vet website.

Rocket01 - I'm not sure if it's necessarily considered "normal" but mine was leaking from a different area, the spout. When I shook the bottle polish would go flying out the end all over the place. I'm sure I could have held the end while I shook it but it made my life a whole lot easier to just transfer it to a dispensing bottle.