My Lexus IS-F gets Swissvax detail!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Raven, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Any Rag Vehicle Washer

My IS-F was given the usual wash treatment. Foamed, wheels cleaned, washed with Dodo BTBM.

After washing, the Lex was given a wipe down with 3M Wax & Grease Remover, then CarPro Eraser to remove any trace of the previous Prima Amigo / Naviwax Dark combo that was used previously.

[​IMG]

Trusty Flex PE14-2 150 with 3M backing plate and LC blue CCS pad.

[​IMG]

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid. I find this stuff a lot easier if lightly worked by machine at the lowest speed. I find it a lot easier to remove off the paint, by hand it can be a bit sticky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the nice gold glass flake in the paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here comes the 'detailing' part! Getting the crap out of the cracks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior plastics and door jams dressed with Swissvax Nano Express. A real handy product this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swissvax Reflexus! A great wax for a great car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After 2nd coat of Swissvax Reflexus. Starting to run out of daylight here, the metallic black has reverted back to flat black!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine bay plastics were dressed in 303 Aerospace Protectant ~3 months prior, still protecting nicely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3rd coat of Swissvax Reflexus the next day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the Swissvax products I used

[​IMG]

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

wow looking very sweet!!

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Damn that is sexy!! I don't know that I have seen that particular wax from SV before. What gold towel are you using to wipe off the cleaner fluid in the picture?

Matt

4. Raven

Cheers!

The SV Reflexus wax is a bit of a rarity for sure, it used to be called Finesse. It's a 40% wax (and same price) like Mirage etc. It seems harder than all the others too, but still nice and oily when you work it.

The MF cloth is just a bulk cheap short nap cloth. Nothing special, but not too bad either.

5. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Wow, those pics really demonstrate the superiority of swissvax when correctly prepped with cleaner fluid. I think some time ago, I was told that the cleaner fluid had a lot to do with the higher level of gloss and wetness that the SV system delivers, it puts oils into the paint, etc...

I seem to remember with past experience that SV also bonds much better and lasts longer when the paint is properly prepped with Cleaner Fluid.

I'm beginning to question why I ever strayed from Swissvax lol

6. Raven

Yeah, its a big thumbs up for the SV Cleaner Fluid from me! I really like it! :)

7. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

very nice! those IS-F's cleaned up look so mean. wish i could get a RHD one here in the states ;)

8. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Nothing like a few q-tips to get the job done!

9. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

driving on the wrong side of the road i see.. jkjk!

great job!

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

11. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Very nice! I like the before and after shot of the cleaner fluid. Impressive.

12. Raven

Thanks guys! :)