my Grout Sponge Shmitt!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ggk, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i got it as a sample from edge on autopia. just pm him hell prob send you one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i cant wait to use this cause i hear grout sponges are the sh!t already and now it is a mitt it will be awesome!!!!1!!one!!!1!eleven!

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I saw this on Autopia yesterday. I love my regular all-white ShMITTs, how will this be better and would it be used for the same purposes?

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That's really interesting... Hmmmm.... If this is better than all white shmitt I may consider :)

4. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

the grout sponge material releses and picks up grit better. so it should be better at preventing marring.
    p1et pick one up he is giving them away!

5. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

if the grout sponge material is better picking up the grit then why not go to HD and pick it up at a disount price??? looks like Edge jumped on the grout sponge :welcomewagon: :eyebrow:

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I agree with Joe..I grabbed 10 grout sponges from HD with the same foam cell structure as the mitt....and have great success using them....plus they form better in tight places...

Now if he went to the grout type foam..wonder if the white ones are inferior now..or the grout foam proved to be better reducing marring due to the open cell structure...

Al

7. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

hey, whats his user name on autopia?

8. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Wonder if it will holds up better than the ShMITT? Don't get me wrong I love the way it works, but the glue is not that great....

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I was lucky my Shmitt held up. It was the one before they put the string on it. I'm still using that same one now :elefant:

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Knowing edge, it will fall apart....

11. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

idk my ulitmitt is holding up just fine! but i have never tried a shmitt so i don't know if it will hold up.
    the thing does seem a little weird but the thing fits awesome!

12. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

true on everything except their black pads....those are #1

13. advanced detail

advanced detail Two Bucket System Washer

I also saw on autopia another grout sponge at lowes and they were saying it is better than the one at HD. I guess we'll just have to try them all.

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I dont get this either its like less than $2 for a grout sponge

15. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

but this one is a mitt so it fits your hand is comfortable to use and you dont have to grip it like a normal gs.

16. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

My two pennies:

Having something "on" your hand while washing the roof of an SUV (ONR style) it's a hinderance. I "pitch" my GS back to my bucket (I don't *ever* miss:D) after cleaning an area in prep for drying. I usually have my drying towel in the other hand. Removing the Shmonge ;) from my hand actually slows me down. My bucket also always has two sponges in it. There's not room in my bucket for two of these.

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:agree:

18. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

man oh man I e-mailed Aaron at Edge he's not giving any out to beta testers anymore....he said AG already got some so he stopped giving em out.

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That's true...but it's business... oh well

20. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

to be honest my fear is that the grout sponge material is pretty easy to rip...i would imagine that at the glued together edges where the hand opening meets the Smonge or whatever you want to call it will easily rip apart...at least the Shmitt foam is denser and resists ripping better but I doubt the grout sponge material will have very good durability...Ive already gone through two shmitts that have ripped at the hand opening area...