My Garage Project is Complete!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by brianja, Jul 15, 2008.

1. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

After about two years and countless hours or hard work by both of us, my father and my garage project has finally finished! We have our certificate of occupancy and are finally officially done!

The goal was to build a place for my dad to store / work on his cars and for me to do some work and detailing.

It is in a residential neighborhood so zoning and planning of this project was tricky. We wanted it to look like a house from the street as to not upset our neighbors or draw attention.

The downstairs is a 9 car garage with storage, bathroom, etc.. You can't see it from the front but if you follow the driveway to the back of the house there are 3 large garage doors.

Upstairs is a 2500 sqft. 3 br. 2 bath apartment (with its own 1 car garage) that we wanted to rent out but can't due to the town regulations. As such it is mostly vacant up there for now.

I'm pretty proud of what we did!

These pictures were taken quickly by my father. I know we need to do some cleanup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

WOW, that is one heck of a garage... Ok so now I am jealous thanks lol

3. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Adopt me... :worship2::worship2::worship2:

Please post more pics of it if you have them...

4. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Seriously, I would probably commit a few crimes for that. LOL :D

WOW!!!!

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Wow....all i have to say!!! Congrats!

That looks like a dream!

6. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

So uhh whats under the car cover?

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your garage is bigger than my house and my next door neighbor's house put together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice!:worship2: I am moving my family to that second floor. Congrats!

9. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Thats my dream home. Seriously its like you actually read my mind.

Looks like an F430 to me.

10. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Thanks everyone.

As I said, I'm pretty proud of what we did with this.

It is nice to hear you guys think we did well too.

I don't have many other photos of the project completed. I only took two of the ones posted here. I have lots of construction shots if you want to see some of them, though.

timpryor - There are a few car covers in the shots, but I would guess you mean the red one. 2KLS1 is right. It is an F430 Spider.

11. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

we don't have to tell anyone, but I'll live in the upstairs. I want to get a job in the city any ways :)

I live about 1h 30 mins out of bronx

12. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

haha. We could work out some kind of trade between rent and detailing services for the cars I don't detail myself. ;)

This is in NJ about an hour south of the city. It's near my father's beach house.

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Sweet Ginger Brown...that is absolutely fantabulicious!

Please keep those plans because I'mma build a garage like that for myself once I win the lottery!!!

:worship2:

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Wow thats a nice house.... I like whats under the cover too :)

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I will just live in the bathroom

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet mother :druling: :druling: :druling:

Man that is like the blue prints I had made up for my dream garage...aham I mean home :giggle:

Wow so um..would you be willing to share the blue print of the that house? Reason I ask is because I'm currently working and will continue to work on the wife and my selfs dream home and those garages look incredible.

As to when I'll be breaking ground, not any time soon, unfortunately. But the advantage is that I'll have plenty of time to think of all the minor details and seeing the pictures gave me more ideas :thumb:

Oh question, the space where the Ferrari is on, what kind of floor is that? Looks like carpet, is it?

Thank you for sharing, and a BIG congrats to you and your dad you both did a great job and you should be very proud of your selves, what an accomplishment wow well done :applause:

17. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I see you're a Gladiator man as well from the pics. Makes mine look like an outhouse...

18. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Him and I both. We'll share bunk beds. :D

19. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

All of the CAD files, etc. are in my office so I don't have them on me. If you have AutoCAD I can email the file to you later this week.

We tried to think of everything we could. The whole garage is air conditioned. We have surveillance cameras hooked up to a recorder/server and the web for remote monitoring. A dedicated washer and dryer in the garage for MF towels, etc., the lift, a fridge...

The floor is the same in the whole garage space. It is an epoxy floor that gets painted down and then flakes of color (black and white in this case) are spread over the surface. Its great because it is stain and water resistant. The only downside is that the flakes make it very difficult to find dropped screws, etc.. We ran the epoxy 6" up the walls to make a basin of sorts out of the floor. It keeps spills, etc. from damaging the walls. This was technically a pain because the epoxy won't adhere to regular sheet rock or wood.

If you have any questions on any aspects of this type of project let me know. :)

20. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

I was really pleased with the Gladiator cabinets. The mounting system is pretty smart.

That workbench is HEAVY!