My first order

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by invaderzim, Feb 21, 2011.

1. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I was doing so well for so long not buying things and then:

1Z einszett Leather Care Lederpflege
    Swissvax Applicator Pad
    Uber Blue Pad 5.5 inch final polish pad
    Uber Black Pad 5.5 inch wax/sealant pad
    Uber Red Notched Applicator Pad
    Swissvax Cleaner Fluid

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

All very nice products!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Let the sickness begin.

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

the disease is spreading!

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Kyoshiro is definitely a funny guy! LOL

6. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Nice order. The Einszett Leather Care is good stuff.

7. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

more of a relapse. Although I have to thank everyone here for helping at least make the purchases worth while. It used to be I'd load up on LSPs and try one after another looking for the magic fix. I'd layer this one and that and at best they'd fill for a week or two and then it would need a redo. Now I've picked up enough tips, information, polishes and skill to correct my cars so they look good for months rather than days. Granted I will often still redo the LSP sooner but it is nice not watching the look go down hill over a week or so after finishing.

8. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

just wanted to make sure I have it right, the cleaner fluid is best for under nuba not for sealants right?

9. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

It really depends on the person's opinion. Although I have not used SV cleaner fluid, something with oils for the deep wet look its always nice under a wax. But, for sealants sometimes things get iffy, so try to stick to something acrylic based (EZ Creme, Wet Glaze v2, and so forth). The acrylic ones also seem to be easier to use. Ohh, and don't get SV foam applicators, they are LINT monsters leaving black foam particles in your wax.

10. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Good stuff there! I know how you feel. There's so much product I wanna get, but my wallet says no...

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice let me know if I can help.

12. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

love the cleaner fluid. My paint is so thin I don't like even using mild polishes on it so it is nice to clean things up for a fresh coat without removing paint.

13. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Do I want this "cleaner fluid"? It sounds as if I might...I have to do some research!

Sorry you relapsed, but it sounds as if what you are buying you'll use. That is one of the 13 steps isn't it? If you buy it, and use it, your still on the wagon as far as I'm concerned.

14. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I really liked it, but I'm far from being an expert. For comparison I found it easier to use than the Zymol HD cleanse and thought the end result was better with less product used.

When I was done with each section I could tell it was clean because it was squeaky if I rubbed my finger on it and the new layer of Wet Obsession wax I put on looks great.

It cut right through 2 coats of Klasse SG and 1 coat of Victoria Chaos. Although I'm a fan of layering there is just something about starting with really clean paint and not having much to mess up the shine in-between.