My first ever "detail" 2004 ford Focus Edge.

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Ronnie, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

Hi again just to start things off this is my first ever detail that I carried out before I only slapped a bit of polish onto the car at the weekend.. This will bring u up to date with my detailing journey!

Well here it is the first bit i deleted by accident yes I know I'm a tit but neway this is how it turned out! In total i spent approx 30+hours completing the job and divorce precedings are now underway!!!:thumb: :thumb:
    Thanks 4 reading... Enjoy

Method used:

Sprayed whole car with a mixture of TFR, Conc. interior cleaner and tar remover topped off with water. left to soak for 5 mins. Hosed off and sprayed whole car in neat tar remover left to soak for 10 mins and rubbed with a sponge and hot water

The entire body was then clayed using Megs QD as lubricant.

Hosed off, then soaped car in Elite car care Whizz wash and wax using 2 bucket method. repeated this twice... then finished the body off with Elite. Scoot liquid wax. Dried the car and moved her into the Bat Cave!!:thumb:

The car was then preped using Megs scratch X for the most of it body then mixed with AG Paint renovator for some deep swirls and scratches and Paint chips covered and flattened.

The whole car was then waxed using Elite Care care Orbital wax (2coats) and a top coat of Megs stage 3 carnuba.

The bulk heads, underside of the bonnet, inside of the boot lid and wheel well and the door jams were given the same treatment as the outside!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interior was stem cleaned and then treated using Elite interior cleaner (diluted) scrubbed and then wiped with a damp sponge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the finished results!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a final note the car now wears Zaino Z2pro &ZFX 3 here are the afters to show some progress in my ability hopefully.

Right firstly I must say sorry for being a picture whore and always posting my wee Focus, but this has now become my test mule so to speak, but I have had lots of PM's about my experiences with Zaino and please post some pics so here goes!!!

Secondly a big thanks to Neil S & CJ Romeo for their advice and guidance befre I started!!! Cheers guys!
    Method Used:

1. car presoaked using snow foam through AB lance and left to dwell for 10 mins.
    2. washed using normal 2 bucket method.
    3. clayed using Megs grey and last touch as lube
    4. resoaked and rewashed as above.
    5. panels given a wipedown with Isopropynol and Distilled water (50/50),
    6. rewashed using hot water and then dried with a microfiber cloth.

Then onto the Zaino application
    I was using Zaino Z2 Pro with ZFX for an extra kick!!

1. Panel wiped using Zaino Z6 diluted 50:50 with distilled water
    2. Z2pro & ZFX applied using a Megs foam applicator pad.
    3. car left to cure and then buffed off using a Megs microfiber cloth.
    4. Car buffed using Z6:distilled water mix (50:50) and left to stand for 1 hour.

Steps 2-3-4 were repeated 3 times over a 6 hour period giving 3 coats in total..

I have no before pics as I am sure you all know what moderately dirty Focus looks like plus I did not take any:D :D

These pictures were taken 2 weeks and 3 washes after application so enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for some Beading shots after some heavy rain:

The water refuses to stick to vertical panels which is pretty good!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I gave the Mondeo a hit with Zaino 6/ Distilled water (50:50) on top of 3 coats of Victoria Concourse applied over the last 2 months and here are the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like my efforts.. I can't rate this stuff highly enough in my eyes there is nothing I have tried comes close...:thumb: :thumb:

All comments welcome
    Ronnie:thumb:

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looks fantasitc, even if it was not your first detail it would look awsome. I think you have a natural tallent

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

VERY NICE! Love that you did everything on the car! I did that last weekend, and its so mutch fun.The car is clean from front to end after! Sweet. Thanks you for sharing ;)

4. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Beautiful details. I wish they would bring the mondeo to canada....esp. the ST!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow now that's some hard core detailing, that's your first detail :eek: wow well done. Removing the rear lights is wicked. Man that is one sweet detail well done.

I agree the Modeo is a great looking vehicle.

Thank you for sharing your details vehicles look great oh I like the soroudning houses too, love the brick work :D

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

thanks guys.. I am really getting into this detailng thing now i really cannot get over how the car looks now compared to how it used to look... I would just love to get a few more cars under my belt.

7. 89s1

89s1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You definatly have a detaiing bone somewhere in your body, for a first timer to think to remove the lights and trim peices like that is stellar!

Great job, you could have told us you ahd years of experience and we really wouldnt have been able to judge otherrwise.

once again, great job.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

That's how it all starts Ronnie, you detail your own vehicles and the results just blow you away. Then it's on to family members vehicles, once those are done close friend and before you know it you've done a dosen and find your self detailing vehicles on the side...mmmm...well at least that's what happened with me :eek:

It's worse then drugs or alcohol if you ask me ;)

You know though, removing the lights and removing some of the interior panels that's just wicked...see you UK boys are detailing X-treme!!! Love seeing details like yours Ronnie. If you do any other vehicles I'd love to see the details :D