My collection of my hobby at 1 year old

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by DaytonaJae, Jul 17, 2011.

1. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

My detailing hobby is about a year old now, and it started with a simple order from Detailer's Domain that had some Black Wow and Detail Spray. How time (and money) has flown by!

For a while, I was in the need for some industrial strength shelves for storing my detailing collection. My previous storage solution was a pair of plastic cabinets which sagged as soon as you put any weight on them.

Home Depot is selling this shelf for $77 in their circular this weekend and I decided this was the way to go. It also gave my OCD a good exercising yesterday, satisfying the urge to organize or clean something. So after much work, here is the new and improved detailing section in my garage:

[​IMG]

Top Shelf: Adam's products
    [​IMG]

Second Shelf: Polishes and various cleaners, tire dressings and applicators
    [​IMG]

Third Shelf: MF Towels and Buffing Pads
    [​IMG]

4th Shelf: (see 1st picture) Adam's Dual Bucket w/ Dollies along with other heavy tools (floor jack, jack stands, mechanic's seat, etc.

Thanks for looking, happy detailing!

2. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Cracking collection matey

3. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

nice collection so far.

4. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Very nice and organized!

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how do the blue applicators work with applying sealant? I have some and never tired doing it, they seem too abrasive.......... any issues?

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I too would like to know how those blue pucks do for you when used on paint.

I love how organized you are!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

7. DaytonaJae

I have only used it to apply glaze and test out Collinite 845 on a small section. They are rougher than your typical wax app pad, and I for one would be more comfortable with a softer version, but I was careful and did not use a lot of pressure when using it on the paint. In my amateur opinion, it's not the ideal paint applicator pad, but can be used in a bind with some care.

8. Kilo6_one

I was going to say, it would mar the crap out of the paint........ the Uber yellows are the way to go IMO. I only use the blue pucks for tire and trim dressing. But I had to ask, wasnt sure if I was missing anything. Great collection BTW>

9. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

I like how you keep your stuff organized, but nice collection

10. DaytonaJae

Those uber blue pucks are what I use for tire dressing and trim work, along with some interior conditioning. I didn't have anything else on hand to apply my LSP at that time, so I grabbed an unused blue puck and gave it a try until I find a good wax app pad to buy. I'm leaning towards the Adam's Americana app pad. I like the larger diameter and the tall foam grip. I tend to drop the thin wax app pads like the uber yellows alot, making them unusable after they hit the ground :(

This is all a work in progress still, I go back and forth between sealant and glaze/Nuba almost every other week. I guess I'm OCD and BiPolar when it comes to car detailing.

11. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

Speaking of applicator pads... I'm wondering if the red notched are the same or maybe softer? The uber red wax applicator is really nice and soft, but I find it a little too big for some LSPs that I prefer to go on very thin. The uber yellows are a little small but fits the bill for wax tubs. Biggest disappointment was the lake country wax applicator with the dimples, they're soft but the edges are rather rough.

12. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

damn very nice collection you have there.

13. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Awesome collection!

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice and neat collection!

15. Kilo6_one

The adams pads are very nice....... they do make a difference when it comes to handling and grip.

this is what I got, same foam density as the adams pad, but a fraction of the price. I don't feel bad when I toss them either.
    WAX POLISH FOAM PAD APPLICATOR SPONGES TIRE DRESSING | eBay

16. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

You sir are seriously OCD. (Takes one to know one :thumb:)

Had any bottles fall off that are next to the subwoofer when you are really rocking out?

17. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Awesome organization! Great collection too.

18. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Very nice collection, I love your organization

19. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Love it! That's a ton of Adams gallons it seems like. You have all areas covered and everything is well organized!

20. DaytonaJae

Haha no fortunately, the sub doesn't rock that loud, it's a computer speaker set I had lying around so it's not very powerful, but does the job!.
    When the 7424 is going, though, I can't hear it at all hehe.

Thanks for the OCD support my brotha

Yeah it just turns out that my colleciton is 85% Adams products, and more every month are being added it seems. I like to try every brand that my wallet will allow me to :giggle: and for almost every Adam's product I have tried, I completely loved, so I stock up with a few gallons of each product whenever there's a sale going on.

There's a couple Adam's products I haven't had the chance to try yet, like their carpet & upholstery cleaner and their sealant (machine super wax). When my MPL runs out I might give their sealant a try.