My Car Got Egged

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by er1k, Oct 11, 2008.

1. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Been gone awhile, school starting up has made me busy but it's my senior year! The other night I was dropping the girlfriend off and on the way home I drove by a park and bam. At that moment I knew that it was an egg. I look over and see about 10 kids so I knew that being by myself getting out of the car would have been a bad choice. So I decided to be mature and drive away. I get home and there was an etching the egg made in the paint. Very frustrated. I just don't get how someone can be okay with themselves disrespecting other peoples property like that.

Hope all is well with you all.

Erik

2. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

got a pic of the mark?

sry bro there are assholes everywhere.. and what's the problem with kids these days.. it seems the parents could care less what they do.. last night i drove into my neighborhood to the delight of 5-7 houses tped..i just don't get it.. 2 weeks ago i was jumped by 18-20 somethings for wearing a sox hat.. 6 guys..3 beat me up came from behind stupid loser cub fans.. didn't take any thing and didn't antagonize.. hell i have a broken rib.. keeping my cars up has been very difficult!!!

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

You should have hit them with a car. I've seen egg completely take single stage paint off. It's no joke. Man Purplewidow you have some bad luck lately huh? Hope it turns out better for you.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Wow, You two should lay low for a while. Sorry to hear all this happened to you...:sorry:

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Egg Stains / Damage to Paint surface:
    As well as the impact damage, egg contains proteins and amino acids that will actually erode the clear coat and eventually the basecoat if not neutralized / removed. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water (See also Reactivity)
    Automotive International A, B C Decontamination/Neutralization wash system (www.autoint.com)

Saturate the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and keep it ‘wet’ for 4-5 minutes with a soaked towel laid on the stain, do not agitate the surface. Flush with clean water and dry thoroughly. Inspect surface for cracking, discolouration or other damage with a 30X lighted magnifying loupe, use a chemical cleaner to remove any discolouration, and then a suitably abrasive polish to level the paint surface to below the level of the etching (an shallow indentation in the paint surface caused by an acid) then apply a paint protection product. If the clear coat shows signs of failure (cracking) take vehicle to a professional paint / body shop.

After the paint surface has been subjected to a chemical cleaning its protective layer (wax / sealants) have been removed and the paint surface left without protection, so it is very important that a wax or polymer protection be reapplied immediately. To correct any surface marring / light scratching use a mild polish (Zaino PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, All-In-One (Z-AIO) or Menzerna PO 203S polish)

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

ARGH I am pissed off for you my friend, that's just some shite. I would have boiled over with anger...

7. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

Sorry to hear that stuff happened to both of you guys.

The egg thing really makes you wish that you were hanging out with a large group of hockey buddies when they tried to pull that crap... not to hurt anybody, but just to scare some sense into the kids.

Getting jumped over a ball cap... that's just one for the cops.

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Damn, sorry that happened to you man. Hope those bastards get what they deserve.

9. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Thanks for all the responses guys. Yeah as much as I would have liked to got out and maybe take a swing at those kids I am a firm believer in karma:worship2: so I'll just let that catch up to them :headbang:

10. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Some people think it's a joke to disrespect other people property. I don't find it to amusing. I hope it didn't do any permanent paint damage.

11. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Rule #1, always have a paintball gun behind you front seat. Give them what they deserve!

Man, I feel bad, it happened to my uncle and I was following him and witnessed it all. I really dont see how it can be fun for these people...

13. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Wow that sucks. If somebody egged my car, their physical appearance would be significantly altered, and their gonads would be useless.....

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Karma will always reward you, although it may take time...

15. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Good thing you kept your wits about you. Hope you get no further harassment from anyone, it really sucks having something you care about ruined by a pack of morons.

16. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I agree with this position .. time to stand down and fix the problem and move on... You don't want this to escalate and ruin tomorrow too...

17. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Some may call me immature for this but...I would've gotten out of the car. EVEN if it means I'm going to be getting my ass kicked, showing what you're made of does 2 things: 1) It shows you've got balls and are man enough to face them, which in turn means they will NOT try to mess with you one on one(or even as a gang possibly) and 2) if you can defend yourself, you can inflict a bit of damage to a few of them and get even.

I don't believe in letting Karma handle things on it's own, I believe in BEING karma. You do something to me, Karma will hit you right in the face when I do something to you.

I'm truly sorry about your paint being affected (although I'm responding 2 years late because of a thread revival) and hope it was fixed.

P.S.: I'm a little nutty and I enjoy a good fight, whether I win or lose.:crasy:

18. muffin422

muffin422 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

mob mentality.

19. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Could have been worse. Some punk ass kids threw a beer bottle at my car. Took the clear and paint right off of where it hit.

20. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Man this is horrible I hope you were able to remove it safely and that I didnt cause any major damage. This happened to my mustang gt about a year ago a few day after halloween. Stupid kids, it actually went straight down to the metal, I have a round area that has small chips missing on my left fender:( Its has been corrected to remove the etching but the fact that I see it every time I wash the mustang gets me a little bit.