My 2008 Collection (Warning, lots of pics!)

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by buja, Jun 12, 2008.

1. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

Looking back, I think I've got this compulsive buying and detailing behavior.
    I gotta stop buying... and start using them more often...
    and yup I'm a few thousand bucks poorer now... :(
    need to start selling stuffs from around the house :p
    anyways, enjoy !

I've got a jar of souveran on the way too, couldnt resist the offer Detailed Image had last week :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally, some pics of the car...

I suck at taking pics.
    and I do need to get out in the daytime to get some real pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Looks like a nice healthy collection of products you got going there :applause:

Vehicle look good.

Thank you for sharing :peace:

3. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Heya Buja Nice collection you have there! and a nice car!

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

about 5 years ago I got the bug like you...I was chasing the perfect shine....the money i spent was crazy..it seems to never end...now I look back and say I could of bought this instead of all the car products I bought..like plasma tv's....fishing gear...stuff i would use daily...

I still buy some here and there..but not like before...500-600 at a wack before...lol..and many orders ...thing is I do about 20 cars a year....friends ..family and co workers....now I have built up a small warehouse of stuff that I could no use in 4 lifetimes....some have even spoiled as they sit on the back shelf...

example...wal mart was blowing out NXT shampoo for 1.50 a jug...I believe it was a gallon sizew..I bought 10...it was a deal...well I gave most away to charity washes since I did not like it due to being so harsh.....bought most poorboys stuff based on reviews....gave most away after trying them...bought wolfgang line..old version...gave it away to local kids...

I just use what works now for me and spend my money on stuff I use every day...

the detailing bug is very addicting...but once your wallet shrinks you feel the crunch..lol....

money is not tight for me..lol...but products are not investments..they do expire in time...I have thrown out numerous seperated bottle of stuff that would not remix....

so use what you have and enjoy it....the stuff goes a long ways....I have 30 sealants and use maybe 3 now...gallons of polishes....tried every QD god made.....it never ends...

now I spend on fishing gear and hunting gear..I use them more..lol....

AL

5. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

yeah it's just irresistable. cant help. might need some counselling i guess.

think products these days have shelf life's of like 3 or more years ? dunno, but I guess it's the thrill of trying out new stuffs and seeing the results first hand rather than by pics on forums. photographs sure dont capture everything.

and oh yeah , I love the feeling of the postman knocking on the door , feels like christmas everytime ! :)

i'm pretty sure these will last me a good decade or so. at the moment, i'm staying on my own , far away from the family, so it's only my car that I'm working on . so you can imagine how long that will take me.

I do try sometimes on purpose to spread thick thick layers (induce product wastage) with the cheaper stuffs that havent lived up to my expectations. I can't justify throwing it away , so I rather waste them ! lol

oh well, I'm loving the collection I have now, I keep looking at the photographs, and when i'm bored, I open the storage cabinet and stare at it, and oh , sniff sniff , esp the natty's blue and red.

6. sly

sly Birth of a Detailer

Buja, you have a nice collection!!! :worship2::worship2::worship2:cant wait to see Fuzion review from you:headbang:

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

That is a very sweet collection

8. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

thanks !

I think it won't be until a month till I have the time to use my g220 to do a full paint correction. It will be my first time machine polishing too !

will definetely try fuzion then.

in the meantime, i'm just having fun trying out the liquid sealants and waxes first. Paste waxes will most likely last longer so I'll try and use up the liquid stuffs first :)

oh btw here's a fuzion review thread.
    Wolfgang's new Fuzion! - Page 2 - Detailing World

9. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

may I also add that, when I received the DP wheel glaze today, I was really surprised with it. I was under the impression that it's a wax, but it turns out it is like a liquid sealant, is light purple and has a delicious grape scent. apparently it is their new improved formula for 2008.

anyone tried this before ? or poorboys wheel sealant, CG wheel glaze? wonder if they are the same or not

10. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Nice collection. I'm right there with you as I got into this last year and now I've got so much sh*t and want so much more. BTW I love my G110. I really want to get some FK (1000p/Pink Wax and 425) stuff next as well as some nuba paste waxes

11. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

Thanks Al 53,
    You told it like it is. Buying detail products is very addictive. I think we can make alot of money starting a Detail Product Rehab Clinic. I was bit by the bug too. Now I only use what works or what the client request. These big companies are never going to stop inventing stuff for US to buy. They want our $$$$$.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice collection!:applause:

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice orders there Buja, great stuff!

Where in the world are you? Europe?

14. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

down under......Australia :)

and I must say it's really challenging choosing the products to use (polishes , sealants, waxes)

it is hot and humid here, and it rarely rains, very strict water restrictions.
    i've always wanted to try mernz but after hearing that it might not work in such environment, I decided to go for something safer like the ssr, and sonus sfx for the soft japanese paints

just sitting here looking at the pics , I feel the itch to do do something to the car . it's been about a week and a half.
    think i'll wash and put on a lsp for fun.

any suggestions ?

it's got a layer of mseal from 2 weeks ago.

hmm decisions decisions....

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My neighbor, who built my house, is from Australia. Moved here about 5 years ago, he's already a citizen. They don't muck about!

16. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I would take pics of mine, but I may be tossed in the nut house, nice collection

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice collection. You forgot the Danase Wet Glaze.

18. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

i've got 2 bottles of Justin's Obsessive Detail's Wet Shine Glaze somewhere in the pics if you look hard enough ... :)

haven't got the time to insert in that extra stage... most of the time i'm able to do a LSP , hardly can squeeze in a MSP (Middle step product)

19. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

sweet bro .. congrats... everything you have there are great products...

20. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

thank you all for your comments, I don't feel so guilty now :)

I just did a onr wash, mseal and Wet wax.

one heck of a tiring job i must say.
    the mseal and the wet wax are very difficult to remove . applying is also not any easier.

so overall to this date, these are the CG products I have tried, and am not as impressed and happy as I thought I would be. The shine , wetness and depth is quite good actually in my opinion, but the applying and removal process was not exactly enjoyable.

one thing I noticed, it wasn't really slick like how you would feel on a freshly waxed surface.

or is it sealants characteristics are like that ? shine gloss but upon touch, not exactly "thick" kind of feeling ?

think I'll put them up for sale soon. I have tried twice and with so many products waiting in line, it's time to move on . :)
    jetseal might be next on the list to try.
    and then the 4* UPP .

then I can move on to the paste waxes. can't wait !
    lol