mustang engined MG

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by panama, Dec 12, 2009.

1. panama

panama Virgin Detailer

I was like a kid before chrsitmas before doing this as its one of my favourite cars. The car looks black but has a lovely green flip in the light but this was being lost behind swirls and holograms.

The beast on arrival..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first job was wheels and arches. Smart wheels applied and left to dwell before a blast with the pressure washer. Smart wheels applied again before being cleaned with ez detail brush, swissvax brush and zaino Z7.

[​IMG]

arches scrubed with g101 and vikan brush.

next was a liberal foaming to get off the brick dust. Foam of choice was the excellent Bilt Hamber Auto Foam.

[​IMG]

then left to dwell for about 5 mins.

[​IMG]

The car was then rinsed, then washed with Zaino Z7, rinsed, clayed with CYC fine polyclay, rinsed agian and dried with an i4 detailing plush drying towel.

the defects where beginning to stand out in the sunshine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out with the PTG and the paint was nice and healthy.....

[​IMG]

with a little surprise on the drivers side doors.

[​IMG]

after a test patch the combo that worked best was Menz IP on a megs polishing pad with some parts needing megs 85 on a cutting pad. The resprayed drivers side however only needed final finish on a finishing pad as it was a good deal softer than the rest of the car. There was a thread recently where someone was saying a single read PTG was useless. If i hadnt used one and just gone in all guns blazing with the 85 and cutting pad it could have been interesting to say the least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

passengers side was a bit of a mess. randon RIDS and trails everywhere.

[​IMG]

bit of a 50/50 but not the best picture.

[​IMG]

starting to look better. this is before any LSP.

[​IMG]

boot before and after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

top of rear wing. see the green starting to show up?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

with all machining done it was LSP time. Todays was requested by the owner and it was zaino Z5 (with ZFX). 3 coats of it followed by Zaino CS. Wheels where sealed with FK1000, and tyres and arches with FK top coat dressing. Exhausts where done with autosol. Windows with einzett glass polish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my fave reflection pic.