MTM possible counterfiet

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by chawski, May 31, 2016.

1. chawski

chawski New Member

Hey guys, long time lurker, finally made an account!

I have a question about a recently purchased MTM foam cannon...
    The one I have has terrible fitting for the 1/4 quick connect, to the point that I almost damaged the cannon while trying to tighten it on. The part on the bottom that screws into the bottle has difficulty both threading onto the bottle, as well as the metal to metal connection never seems to stay tight. This is really not what I was expecting for a $60 part. It was purchased from amazon from a link that multiple people have used, but I cant help but feel like its possibly a fake or at least defective. Maybe I havnt searched enough, but these cannons are pretty universally praised, and the issues Im having with it arent things I have commonly seen people complain about online.

My question is: are there any markings on the legit ones that I could use to confirm mine is legit vs a knockoff that someone put in a box with a MTM logo? Theres so many online that look exactly the same that cost $20

Thanks!

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

where did you buy it from? got any photos to post up.

3. chawski

chawski New Member

Im trying to post some pics from my google drive but the link doesnt seem to work. Do I need to use photobucket or something like that to upload pics?

edit - I have uploaded some pics to my gallery. Cant seem to get a link to work to put it directly into the thread.