mShu7 has moved indoors!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by mShu7, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

As I pointed out in my other thread (Belated Recap of 2008), last year was a year I'm glad to put behind me. For 2009 I have transitioned from being mobile to a fixed location. My new shop is 1.5 miles from my house (25 minute walk, 5-minute bike ride) and it's right downtown Brownsburg on Main St. Everything about this shop is better than the one that fell through last fall, including the rent so I am pretty happy with it. I moved in March 1st and so far things are going ok. The first couple weeks I didn't have a sign so no one knew I was there, but since I've had my sign up, things have gotten busier. I LOVE working in the comforts of the indoors. This shop now allows me to work all year round, no matter the weather. Plus, it has already seemed to given me more credibility when it comes to talking to prospective clients. It seems as though people take me much more seriously when I tell them I have a shop as opposed to when I would tell people I was mobile. All in all, I think it's going to be a great change for my business. Here are some pics of the facility.

The exterior (entrance door is on the right side of the building):
    [​IMG]

Interior:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wash bay through doorway. Closed-door is bathroom.
    [​IMG]

Wash bay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, the upstairs loft:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is one of the first cars to come through. It's a brand new black 2009 Mercedes E350 4MATIC. I'll post more pics of it later on as the ones I took that day didn't turn out real well.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. karburn

karburn Two Bucket System Washer

Outstanding shop! Looks like you have a wash bay & everything. Congrats on making the leap of faith to a permanent location. I think you're correct: this place will give you a huge credibility factor and it will impress those that come in. This in turn will lead to more referrals and you will be even more successful! I wish I was within driving distance!

Best luck in the new place!

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

wow that is a very nice place you have there, alot of room for stuff, and to move around. Wash bay has to be a very good thing!

4. mShu7

Thanks for the support guys! So far it's working out really well. I love working indoors!

5. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

too bad you don't live on the east side of Indy, I would drive over one weekend and check ya out, I think you are a bit of a drive for a day trip.

6. mShu7

You couldn't pay me to live on the east side of Indy...LOL! Seriously though, one of these day's I'd like to have some sort of detailer get together. Make a day or two out of it.

7. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

That rules! Your shop is the definition of paradise to a lot of us on this board. Congrats. I hope you have a lot of success there.

8. mShu7

Merlin- Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

What a great setup, i agree with you in that this will bring huge credibility to you...and most of all its a classy place for great services. I wish you the best of luck!

10. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

great looking layout! I can see all the products and a contemporary office in the loft now.

way to take the plunge.
    Is it a nice area? Do you have another job?

I believe it was you who recommended E-Myth on another forum, and I never got to say Thanks!

11. mShu7

Thanks! Yes, it's a nice area. It's probably the nicest town in our county. Plus, I'm only 30 minutes from downtown Indy. The nicest side of town is the north side and I'm on the west side which is probably the 2nd nicest area outside of Indy. We have a lot of race teams moving here because of ORP (previously Indianapolis Raceway Park) and the Indy Motor Speedway both being so close. It's becoming a very motorsports-oriented town.

I do not have another job. Although, my wife is "encouraging" me to get something part time to supplement the business since we're kinda starting this new venture.

No problem on the E-Myth! Glad I could help!

12. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Wow... what a place! Great find. I'll have to make a trip over to see ya.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Congrats on the new one!!! :mounty:

Get ready for those midnight "craving runs" for pickles and ice cream.

13. mShu7

Thanks DLR! You are welcome to stop by anytime! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it to you or not, but at some point I'd like to have a detailer get-together. But feel free to come by anytime!

14. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Very impressive place you have there...Looks like the best of everything...NICE...:thumb:

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks awesome, congrats on the shop!

16. mShu7

Thanks guys!

17. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

pickles and ice cream? sounds like someones having a baby, congrats?

18. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice looking place you got there. best of luck to you. hope it all works out.

19. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Count me in on a detail fest, Indiana style - Mike! Look forward to that. :applause2:

Sometime in the future, before we both get covered up, I'll give you a call prior to showing up on your door step. Thanks!
    Dave

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice shop, lots of room and the upstairs is very nice :thumb: Best of luck with the new shop :applause2:

By the way I have edited the tittle of this thread, please refrain from promoting your detailing company and services, only DB Pro Supporters may promote there services and company.