Moved again....

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by sal329, Jun 20, 2009.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

8 times in 4 years, I am so sick of moving lol. Lost my job in Dec, had a few months of expensives saved, so in Feb we had to move in with my parents. I was applying to every car dealership I could withing 45 min. No luck. Responded to an ad in CL to be a manager and what a joke, then 2 different life insurance companies. Was detailing but customers where far and few inbetween. Finally decided to look outside the area. Had a potential in Houston, TX and another in Shreveport, LA. Well when I called them both up to say I wll be in town on this date I got the feedback that they just wanted to meet in person and not looking to hire immediately. Well that wouldnt work for me bc my parents were moving to FL July 19. So another week goes by. 2 weeks before July 19 I reponded to an ad for a Nissan dealer in Greensboro NC. 15 min later had a call to set up an interview. This was Fri afternoon, set up the interview for Monday. Drove up and it went well. Tues was suppose to detail but the lady canceled cause of the weatherman calling for rain. So 11:15 am I recieved a call asking if I could be up in Greensboro by 2pm (2 hours from my house). So I said yes, got ready kissed the fam good bye and drove up. Friday was sent for my drugtest. Saturday we drove up to Greensboro found an apt. Tues the manager called to tell me next week they will have the results of the drug test and as long as I pass I have the job. So Thurs we rented a 27 foot UHaul, my fiance and I loaded up our stuff we had in storage, my sis basement and my moms house. Friday morning my parents left for FL and we left for Greensboro. Unloaded the truck a lone from 11am till 530pm I was beat lol. Sorry for the long ramble lol. Well I am now in Greensboro and posted my first ad on CL here.

2. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Welcome to North Carolina!

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

You can ramble to us anytime. It sounded like you needed to. I'm glad you're settled again and I wish you good luck on another new start...:thumb:

4. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Glad you got a job! Hopefully this all works out for you! Good luck!

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Welcome, I lived in Greensboro off and on doing a Co-Op by the airport for TIMCO.

6. richy

richy Guest

Sal..I'm very glad the new job worked out for you. Opportunity no longer knocks..you're lucky to see it going down the street and you gotta run like hell to catch it...you did just that...good for you, man!!

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Thanks everyone. I am now waiting to hear from the new job for my exact start date. In the mean time I am going to hand out my flyiers and hangup my posters in the apt complex. Lots of awesome cars here and I got the OK to do so from the leasing office.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Congrats Sal and I look forward to meeting up with you in September when I there in Greensboro. Welcome to NC!

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Same here JL, will be great to hangout and talk

10. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So did the fiance not have a job? How old are ya sal?? Times are really tough right now..glad to hear things might be turning around for you.

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

No she is a stay at home mom. She is almost done with her degree to be a medical office assistant, I am 28

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Organized all my detailing supplies in their new containers... I miss my garage lol

13. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Glad to hear you got a job Sal!!! Congrats. Hope you like it up in NC!!!

14. digneesh

digneesh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good luck with everything Sal!

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Congrats sal, sounds like a good deal goin on over there...any job is a good job right now, looks like you landed a good one too. Glad to hear things are looking up!

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Congrats! Takes balls to just up and move away from everything you know. Don't know that I could do it. That and the fact I live in the greatest place in the whole world!!

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Thanks everyone. After moving from FL to TN all other moves have been easier. TN was the worst experience ever. I like Greensboro a lil more then I liked Charlotte, I do miss our house we were renting in Rock Hill though. My commute from Rock Hill to Charlotte to work was 30 miles each way and 45-1 hr. My commute here is 3.5 miles hello moped lol

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice! So what will you being doing exactly?

19. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

BustedTees - Canada: America's Hat

Yea, sure Ken.... :p:

20. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I will be a service Advisor for Crown Nissan. I have been working parts dept since 1999, started at Pep Boys then worked for BMW from 00-08. Crown owns a lot of dealers, 6 in this area. I am goin to give it my all and hope to be moved to the BMW dealer. I really enjoy BMW and after 8 yrs I have learned the car in and out.