"most usable" cleaning product?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by artemis53, Oct 11, 2011.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I am really wanting to get into a small mobile detail business, and to try and keep down the amount of product I carry, and to keep my costs down, I was wondering if there is anything that can be a great degreaser, yet be diluted down to an app, glass cleaner and even a carpet cleaner...? I know simple green covers those bases, but idk if standard simple green is tint safe or not, or if theres anything better...

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Most any APC (All-Purpose Cleaner) is very flexible.

I'll add 1Z Cockpit Premium to that flexible products list.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^ what he said, but I would just pick up some Megs glass cleaner, cheap and it dilutes out. Im a stoners fan, and this changed my mind.

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I really like Zep Citrus you can get it for $10 a gallon at home depot and it beats simple green easily. You can use it at 4:1 and 3:1 for carpets, LSP removal, wheels, tire, wheel wells, exhaust tips, trim, use it at 10:1 or higher for vinyl, interior plastics (non-clear). As for glass you can buy a gallon Zep Ammonia Free Glass cleaner its a concentrate and 1 gallon makes 32...yes 32 its a 32:1dilution and can be used to clean tinted glass, exterior glass, clear plastics electronics, etc. it is also $10 at home depot and will last you forever.:thumb:

5. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Won't fit all of your listed uses above but 1Z W99 is a great product for multiple jobs.

6. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Another vote for Zep Citrus, really a great product and for the price you can't beat it.

7. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I'd say ONR is pretty flexible, ways I use it....
    ..Rinseless Wash
    ..Clay lube
    ..Detail spray
    ..wipe down interiors
    ..interior windows

8. BuffNShineDetail

BuffNShineDetail Virgin Detailer

1Z Premium is my FAVORITE and makes the job quick and eazy!

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for Zep Citrus . Cheap easy to get and works great

10. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Another vote for Zep Citrus and ONR I love both

11. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

1Z Cockpit Premium is nice, but PRICEY! I like Majestic Solutions Tidal Wave, 1:1 can clean an engine, 10:1 can clean an interior - doesn't get more flexible or cheaper than that. Also, just tried 3D's LVP cleaner, I like that for interiors right much, it has a leather like smell that doesn't stick around to stink up the interior later. And MS's Super Green 3:1 makes a good wheel/tire cleaner. If the tires are REALLY nasty, get Wesley's Bleech White - great stuff, just be careful using it and you'll be ok.