Most Effective Combo on PC?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Chas, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

So it seems for a bit now there has been a lot of development in the overall effectiveness of using a PC rather than a rotary and being able to achieve finishes that only the rotary once could. As someone who has used a rotary for almost everything (P0203 and Green Uber pad fanboy), even as a weekend warrior, and has let my PC collect dust, what do you guys think from your experience is the MOST effective pad/polish combo that achieves the best results within 1 or 2 steps. Now it doesn't have to be just one combo it can be a few. I'm trying to guage what I might purchase next so I can get back to using my PC more often especially since I am considering getting the Griots DA once Phil carries it.

Chas

2. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Menzerna Power Finish(Old version I havent tried new version yet) On a Yellow Uber or B&S pads(You are done here with most colors).On black vehicles you will want to finish it down Power Finish on a Green pad. And if your feeling in the mood 85RD on a Black pad. IMO the greatest combo for a PC.

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Chas ... you are more than welcome to stop by and try my products before you buy anything. I got the Griots too ...

IMO, I think this is what you need in order to tackle most vehicles:

2-step combo:
    MF cutting pads
    D300/M105
    Green Uber Pads
    203s/106FA

1-step combo:
    Yellow Uber Pads
    P203s

Optional:
    Surbuf Pads
    Black Uber Pads
    85rd

I know others will chime in, but for doing your own vehicles and doing a few side jobs, these products will have you covered. I would never jewel a daily driver and that's why I place the black ubers/85rd in the optional list.

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Sounds good G, we will have to meet up before we potentially make the trip up north for the clinic. How many MF pads did you buy? I don't have an air compressor for quick cleaning so I may have to purchase several to make sure I can make it through a vehicle.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

This is pretty much what I do as well.

6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

We'll get together before the clinic ... I'll send you a PM. I bought 4 pads, but I'm planning on getting a small compressor soon.

7. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

2 step
    d300/mf pad
    m205 blue uber

1step
    menz sip / white lc pad