Mobile Detailing in Winter?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by mobiledetailingminneapolis, Jan 23, 2016.

1. So most of our jobs are mobile-based - the question of course, is what do others do during the winter time? Primarily, we rely on the client having an appropriate work area, and during the nicer months that's easy enough. However, in the winter (and we're in frigid Minnesota) it requires a garage with enough room to work properly. Unfortunately a lot of clients simply don't have the proper facilities for us to service them there. We've negotiated with other establishments to use their property in the winter time, but was wondering if anyone else has a similar circumstance and what you do about it - just curious about alternative solutions, I guess... TIA!

2. SteamTechAutoSpa

SteamTechAutoSpa New Member

Hey Boss,

I live in Northwest Arkansas and it gets cold...not MN cold but snowy with freezing temps. I worked all through last winter but I use 100% steam for interior and exterior of the detail... My biggest issue was just staying warm as the exposure was horrible, but that's all part of the grind I guess... I survived... One trick by the way is to put "Raven" (black rubber gloves) over thick fluffy warm gloves :) Also a little space heater is great to thaw out fingers.

Its a skill set that with even a relatively cheap steamer you could use to work through winter months. Since we are 100% steam all year long and its a part of our selling point...we use an industrial steamer from Optima... their dmf model. The steam with proper technique gives an "almost clay-bar" like clean and you don't have to worry about water freezing.

3. Albinawaync

Albinawaync New Member

Today, on November 11, 2016, is Annual International Discount Day at AliExpress.

Only once a year and only one day a 50% discount for all goods, so hurry up.
    Click http://ali.pub/oznv1 on November 11 just before purchasing goods to get such enormous discount.

Notification – the link above to get the 50% discount should be clicked only on November 11 before ordering goods and is valid during the whole day. If clicked before or after November 11, no discount is available.

Wish you luck and happiness.

4. waynemobiledetail

waynemobiledetail New Member

We use a shelter/tent in NJ on colder days but really cant work much colder than 35 degrees. Business really slows up in the winter - work on your marketing & training for next year I guess.

http://waynemobiledetailing.com